2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Nobody is saying he's a superior athlete.  But when we're talking about how a third string TE for the Ravens and a move TE with one big game is supposed to be the "answer" at TE.

Bingo. When it's money, I bet he feels overpaid but we just want anyone who's got any shot. It might work but chances are high those two won't equal him if everything stays healthy

On 1/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, incognito_man said:

How much is Jesse James going to cost? Would we rather have say Stocker and James (and probably someone else) instead of Graham in 2019? The Baltimore TEs are intriguing as well.

lol @ jesse james.  That guy is nothing.

Eifert is worth a look on a cheap deal if possible, cook is worth paying even if you keep Graham I think, and demetrius harris is a nice all around guy with mediocre hands.  Max Williams is fine I guess.. The rating on stocker is surprising since I didn't ever really hear much about him.  Might be worth checking out.

15 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

lol @ jesse james.  That guy is nothing.

Eifert is worth a look on a cheap deal if possible, cook is worth paying even if you keep Graham I think, and demetrius harris is a nice all around guy with mediocre hands.  Max Williams is fine I guess.. The rating on stocker is surprising since I didn't ever really hear much about him.  Might be worth checking out.

With the Raiders having almost $75m in cap space, I doubt that Cook isn't resigned.

10 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Question for everyone, if the Vikings release Everson Griffin or the Bucs release Desean Jackson, would you go after them?  Why or why not?

Yes and yes. Price is always the determining factor, but I would be interested in potentially adding them at a price that they could possibly be had at. Griffen is definitely post-peak, but still was productive when he was on the field this year. The big thing for Griffen is you have to figure out what is going on between the ears. For Jackson, he's still a great deep threat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Yes and yes. Price is always the determining factor, but I would be interested in potentially adding them at a price that they could possibly be had at. Griffen is definitely post-peak, but still was productive when he was on the field this year. The big thing for Griffen is you have to figure out what is going on between the ears. For Jackson, he's still a great deep threat.

Vikings are sitting at a cap space of $2m for 2019, the Bucs are at $7m, so both players could be released for cap space.

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

Question for everyone, if the Vikings release Everson Griffin or the Bucs release Desean Jackson, would you go after them?  Why or why not?

Personally, I'd go after both.  Griffin is good and fits an area of need.  

Jackson, despite his age, is still a great deep threat.  Unsure about the character fit there.

And..if I'm projecting if the Packers will or will not go after if they are free?  I believe it is "no" for both of them.  Maybe they get interested if they are out there after the initial wave of free agency is done.  I see GB going after younger guys in free agency early, then grabbing some older/stopgap guys later, which is where I'd put those two.  Veteran stopgaps.

MVS can probably do what DJax did in the past... and MVS will continue to do it into the future - all for a pittance
DJax is 33 years old and hasn't played a full 16 games since 2013: He's also expensive and malcontent.  I wouldn't take him at vet minimum because I don't want his act anywhere near the impressionable young WRs in GB. He's not going to get the touches he wants with Adams, GMo and the young WRs on board, so why bother adding that headache ? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Given the issues between the ears with Griffen, not sure you're going after him unless we're talking about a low-risk move.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

@Outpost31 and I high 5.

Again, I think the idea that Gute was going to dump his FA #1 after one-year was pretty far-fetched. Whether it's a good or bad decision overall is certainly debatable, but I figured out of the three "overpaid" guys that standout (Graham, Daniels and Perry), Graham was by far the most likely to stay for 2019 IMO. Now we turn to Daniels and Perry.....IMO one of them at least HAS to go.