Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 9/19/2020 at 9:24 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly! It’s not about sending 2 4.2 WRs on go routes..... it’s about misdirection, motioning them, trickery... 

you can kill a defense with 2 fast WRs running short to intermediate routes.... and Gruden is likely to realize that more and more as he gets to play with Ruggs like a new toy on Xmas!

That's what Gruden always does those underneath/ slant passes the WRs are supposed to make a player miss and make big gains.

The Raiders just didn't have any talent at WR to make it happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Don't want to alarm anyone, but Burfict posted a story on his IG a video and he is in Vegas... Could be there to hang out or you know

I’d usually be against it but our D could use all the help it gets lmao. He was our best D player in that small 4 game sample size last year. 

Bringing him back would be awful and dumb as a player. He's not gonna do anything better than Littleton or Kwiat. You signed both those guys to improve your LB core. Bringing him back as a coach to help the LBs would be smart. But it would also mean PG really aint going anywhere this year. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Bringing him back would be awful and dumb as a player. He's not gonna do anything better than Littleton or Kwiat. You signed both those guys to improve your LB core. Bringing him back as a coach to help the LBs would be smart. But it would also mean PG really aint going anywhere this year. 

Wouldn't mind bringing him in if that means we cut Morrow. 

Hate seeing him on the field. 

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Annette looks like he will be a player, but just like to remind everybody that Jaylon Johnson is a lock down CB, how Mayock passed is beyond me.

He was up and down against the Bucs, granted he was guarding Mike Evans a fair bit. I really wanted Johnson too, but we drafted Arnette who has looked good and shown flashes.........time to let it go and get behind our own potential lock down CB 😀

On 10/8/2020 at 2:28 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

That's what Gruden always does those underneath/ slant passes the WRs are supposed to make a player miss and make big gains.

The Raiders just didn't have any talent at WR to make it happen.

Yeah.... I’d only add its more high percentage quick short passes to keep moving the chains and hope every so often the WR can break off a long run after catch.  
i still think we need make another good WR to go with Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow.  As of now I’d bring Agholor back.... maybe Zay Jones if he’s cheap.  Beyond the starting WRs I’m all about having 4-5 dynamic WRs on the roster who  have a unique skillset.  

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah.... I’d only add its more high percentage quick short passes to keep moving the chains and hope every so often the WR can break off a long run after catch.  
i still think we need make another good WR to go with Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow.  As of now I’d bring Agholor back.... maybe Zay Jones if he’s cheap.  Beyond the starting WRs I’m all about having 4-5 dynamic WRs on the roster who  have a unique skillset.  

Agholor has really been a pleasant surprise. I don't think he's the type of receiver that will ever be a solid #1 or #2 but as a role player he can excel against favourable matchups. Very pleased with him so far (until he drops a crucial, easy 3rd down catch if course) and excellent value signing.

• Like 1

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

I always enjoy looking at our chances when we are doing well. We are currently a wild card team. Ravens, Steelers, and Browns Hopefully tear each other apart and one of them falls off. We'll see. I enjoy seeing the Broncos and Chargers where I expected them before the season started. Always feels good to know its the Raiders that got better and they both can't win games.

In our 3 wins we were either tied or winning at half time while in our 2 losses we were down at the half. 

In our 3 wins we've averaged 17 points in the second half and have scored on 9/14 drives (65%). 

In our 2 losses we have averaged 10 points in the second half and have scored on 2/11 drives (35%). 

Dating back to last season we're 10-3 when tied or up at half time and 0-8 when we're down at half. 

And in the Gruden era we're 2-16 when trailing at half.