Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I think you guys are selling continuity a bit short.

It is a really important thing especially with OL, so I guess Good is staying at LG until Richie is back, so at least our LT-RG line is good and have continuity. It is easier to help out the RT with TEs, FB and play calling then to deal with a new LG and a new RT again.

I would put Parker in there at RT, would give him TE help against the fast EDGE guys and move forward... 

Agree with this depending on two things:

1. The coaches actually scheming this in...  I haven't noticed any additional help going to Young or Parker so far...
    • if anything I feel it's more Carr is just forced to get rid of the ball quicker and I don't want to lose the new patient version

2. Keeping a RB/FB in to block or having a TE chip/assist doesn't negatively influence the success of the passing game
    • I feel like timing and decoys have been a huge factor and don't want to risk its success 

+ I think securing RT would help in introducing more play-action (not that I've heard anything about this being increased but one can hope...)

46 minutes ago, Ryno said:

1. The coaches actually scheming this in...  I haven't noticed any additional help going to Young or Parker so far...
    • if anything I feel it's more Carr is just forced to get rid of the ball quicker and I don't want to lose the new patient version

2. Keeping a RB/FB in to block or having a TE chip/assist doesn't negatively influence the success of the passing game
    • I feel like timing and decoys have been a huge factor and don't want to risk its success 

+ I think securing RT would help in introducing more play-action (not that I've heard anything about this being increased but one can hope...)

I agree with you, but I can't see how would it be a better option to switch up 2 positions on the OL instead of just one. 

Good seems to find his footing at LG, so he should stay there, he was not a good RT, so why don't use him at LG, where he seems to be better and keep most of the OL together to have continuity.

Deal with the weak RT spot and go forward til TB is back.

Gruden is the HC/O guru, let him decide how he wants to help the RT out...I mean he gets that big dope for things like that right? :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I agree with you, but I can't see how would it be a better option to switch up 2 positions on the OL instead of just one. 

Good seems to find his footing at LG, so he should stay there, he was not a good RT, so why don't use him at LG, where he seems to be better and keep most of the OL together to have continuity.

Deal with the weak RT spot and go forward til TB is back.

Gruden is the HC/O guru, let him decide how he wants to help the RT out...I mean he gets that big dope for things like that right? :)

I thought he did good at RT but maybe that was just compared to others and I need to go back and re-watch!

I think the main thing it boils down to is people not having faith in Young and Parker while assuming our G depth must be better... but I agree that the right course of action is to at least give Parker a shot at RT this week and allow Good to hopefully continue his success 🙏 

We should no doubt have a better idea of this after the Chargers game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rolni said:

I think you guys are selling continuity a bit short.

It is a really important thing especially with OL, so I guess Good is staying at LG until Richie is back, so at least our LT-RG line is good and have continuity. It is easier to help out the RT with TEs, FB and play calling then to deal with a new LG and a new RT again.

I would put Parker in there at RT, would give him TE help against the fast EDGE guys and move forward... 

Agree with this, move as few chairs as possible. Good played really well on reflection at LG so I'd rather him play well at LG and maybe have a guy struggle at RT than have Simpson be below average at LG and Good just average at RT. Far easier to scheme for one area of potential weakness than two plus the continuity obviously. In fairness, Parker was actually not terrible at RT.

2 hours ago, Ryno said:

Good post, however it might actually play a little to our strengths having thought about it. If we have a weakness at RT that the DC might try to exploit it could mean as you say above compromising some of what we've been doing but (being optimistic) it might mean trying to get the ball in Ruggs hands more on quick hitting plays like WR screens, quick slants and so on. We probably won't be able to do so much playaction or longer developing deep plays so that might actually mean we have to expand Ruggs' role and get Edwards the ball too for YAC plays if he's active.......

• Like 1

Appreciated Johnson Sunday. But if either Williams or Parham hold onto the ball, everyone is cussing him not locating the football. He didn't turn around on either pass and got lucky coming down. 

He needs to show some better ball skills going forward. Looked like DJ Hayden playing with his back to the ball on those two passes.

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Appreciated Johnson Sunday. But if either Williams or Parham hold onto the ball, everyone is cussing him not locating the football. He didn't turn around on either pass and got lucky coming down. 

He needs to show some better ball skills going forward. Looked like DJ Hayden playing with his back to the ball on those two passes.

You want him to get his head turned around on a 5 yard fade route. He is a still trying to jam when the ball is in the air. If he turns and looks for ball he has no shot at stopping that play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

overall he had a good game so i dont think guys would be too hard on him( it is FF though, and guys get traded for catching covid around here lmao)

Johnson did a good job of fighting all the way to the ground to force incompletions. IM hoping he gets a chance moving forward, ive seen enough of Lawson. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dante9876 said:

You want him to get his head turned around on a 5 yard fade route. He is a still trying to jam when the ball is in the air. If he turns and looks for ball he has no shot at stopping that play. 

yea i agree, if he wasnt jamming then maybe, but he was playing the eyes as far as I can see, and attacked the arms all the way down. 
agreed that if caught we would be slamming him, but, that is sports. 
if agholor drops the deep shot, people are yelling at him and carr
if hunter drops the 4th down, people are yelling at carr for not going for an esier throw

from what I could tell Johnson played the sideline, and knew if he could attack the arms it would be a tough catch to make while maintaining body control / 2 feet in. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

At least he can run. Lawson can't say as much.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At least he can run. Lawson can't say as much.

I 100% agree with this. He should be getting more time. Lawson is a liability in coverage. Just needs to develop still. 

My point was the margin of being a hero or a zero with Raider fans is razor thin

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

QUARTERBACK

Top 6:
1. Aaron Rodgers 93.8
2. Russell Wilson 93.1
3. Tom Brady 90.9
4. Patrick Mahomes 89.7
5. Josh Allen 86.8
6. Deshaun Watson 85.6

Bottom 6:
1. Dwayne Haskins 46.7
2. Joe Flacco 50.5
3. Sam Darnold 57.1
4. Drew Lock 57.8
5. Nick Mullens 58.6
6. Carson Wentz 63.1

RUNNINGBACK

Top 7:
1. Dalvin Cook 91.1
2. Darrell Henderson 90.2
3. Austin Ekeler 84.5
4a. Alvin Kamara 82.6
4b. Derrick Henry 82.6
6. Chris Carson 80.6
7. Josh Jacobs 78.2

Bottom 7:
1. Adrian Peterson 52.5
2a. Dion Lewis 54.4
2b. Todd Gurley 54.4
4. Devonta Freeman 55.0
5a. La'Mical Perine 55.9
5b. Chris Thompson 55.9
7. Brian Hill 56.1

FULLBACK

Top 5:
1. Alec Ingold 73.2
2. Andy Janovich 68.9
3. Kyle Juszczyk 68.2
4. Michael Burton 64.4
5. Alex Armah 60.5

Bottom 5:
1. Chandler Cox 45.0
2. Jakob Johnson 50.8
3. Khari Blasingame 51.3
4. Patrick Ricard 53.8
5. C.J. Ham 54.7

WIDE RECEIVER

Top 7:
1. Davante Adams 91.9
2. Justin Jefferson 90.2
3. Keenan Allen 87.2
4a. A.J. Brown 86.6
4b. Adam Thielen 86.6
6. Travis Fulgham 86.0
7. DeAndre Hopkins 85.4

Bottom 7:
1. Jeff Smith 51.3
2. K.J. Hamler 52.6
3. John Hightower 53.7
4. Trent Taylor 53.9
5. Jalen Guyton 54.0
6. Marquez Valdes-Scantling 54.2
7. Freddie Swain 55.1

TIGHT END

Top 5:
1. Travis Kelce 91.4
2. Mo Allie-Cox 90.5
3. Jonnu Smith 82.4
4. Anthony Firkser 80.9
5. George Kittle 79.7

Bottom 5:
1. Nick Keizer 43.7
2. Luke Stocker 43.8
3. Ian Thomas 45.3
4. Chris Herndon 46.6
5. Vance McDonald 49.2

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

Top 6:
1. Michael Onwenu 90.4
2. Trent Williams 89.8
3. Garrett Bolles 89.6
4. David Bakhtiari 89.0
5. Andrew Whitworth 86.3
6. Duane Brown 85.6

Bottom 6:
1. Terence Steele 46.8
2. Trey Pipkins 50.9
3a. Cameron Fleming 52.3
3b. Robert Hunt 52.3
5. Chukwuma Okorafor 54.5
6. Austin Jackson 55.0

OFFENSIVE GUARD

Top 6:
1. Wyatt Teller 94.4
2. Zack Martin 90.5
3. Shaq Mason 86.5
4. Ali Marpet 84.9
5. Joel Bitonio 81.8
6. Damien Lewis 77.7

Bottom 6:
1. Dru Samia 33.3
2. Austin Schlottmann 38.2
3. Wes Martin 43.6
4a. Tyre Phillips 49.0
4b. Chris Reed 49.0
6. Fred Johnson 49.3

CENTER

Top 5:
1. Corey Linsley 91.1
2. Frank Ragnow 78.0
3. J.C. Tretter 77.9
4. Brandon Linder 76.4
5. Jason Kelce 74.8

Bottom 5:
1. Lloyd Cushenberry 40.2
2. Lamont Gaillard 45.7
3. Hroniss Grasu 49.8
4. Billy Price 49.9
5. Dan Freeney 50.0

CORNERBACK

Top 7:
1. Jaire Alexander 88.3
2. Bryce Callahan 87.3
3. Jimmy Smith 79.9
4a. Jason Verrett 78.3
4b. Xavier Rhodes 78.3
6. Brian Poole 77.1
7. Kendall Fuller 77.0

Bottom 7:
1. Chris Jackson 33.0
2. Noah Igbinoghene 33.9
3. Kendall Sheffield 34.3
4. Troy Pride Jr. 34.4
5. D.J. Hayden 34.7
6. Vernon Hargraves 37.2
7. Ryan Lewis 41.2

SAFETIES

Top 7:
1. Jessie Bates 90.1
2. Justin Simmons 81.1
3. Budda Baker 78.0
4. Duron Harmon 77.0
5. Amani Hooker 76.1
6. Jarrod Wilson 76.0
7. Bobby McCain 75.9

Bottom 7:
1. Darian Thompson 34.5
2. Bradley McDougald 41.0
3. Andrew Sendejo 41.5
4. P.J. Williams 41.6
5. Johnathan Abram 43.1
6. Jayron Kearse 47.0
7. Nasir Adderley 49.0

LINEBACKERS

Top 7:
1. Myles Jack 89.8
2. Bobby Wagner 84.8
3. Fred Warner 84.2
4. Lavonte David 83.2
5. Darius Leonard 81.1
6. Blake Martinez 80.4
7. Jarrad Davis 78.7

Bottom 7:
1. Elandon Roberts 26.9
2. Tahir Whitehead 29.0
3. Mack Wilson 29.1
4. Jahlani Tavai 29.9
5. Ja'Whaun Bentley 32.5
6. Kenny Young 36.2
7. Patrick Queen 36.5

"INTERIOR DEFENDERS"

Top 7:
1. Aaron Donald 93.1
2. Tyson Alualu 91.0
3. Vita Vea 90.3
4. Jeffery Simmons 90.1
5. Cameron Heyward 88.7
6. Shelby Harris 86.9
7a. DeForest Buckner 86.3
7b. Chris Jones 86.3

Bottom 7:
1. Trysten Hill 33.6
2. Nathan Shepherd 34.6
3. Kentavius Street 35.9
4. Leki Fotu 37.0
5. Adam Butler 37.5
6. Maliek Collins 37.6
7. Bravvion Roy 39.0

"EDGE DEFENDERS"

Top 7:
1. T.J. Watt 92.0
2. Khalil Mack 91.2
3. Demarcus Lawrence 90.1
4. Joey Bosa 88.7
5. Myles Garrett 86.1
6. Brian Burns 85.0
7. Melvin Ingram 84.0

Bottom 7:
1. K'Lavon Chaisson 46.4
2. John Simon 49.4
3. Whitney Mercilus 49.5
4. Rashan Gary 50.9
5. Maxx Crosby 51.0
6. Zach Allen 51.2
7. Amani Bledsoe 51.3

KICKER

Top 5:
1. Jason Sanders 88.4
2. Justin Tucker 85.7
3. Brandon McManus 83.0
4. Wil Lutz 81.4
5. Graham Gano 80.8

Bottom 5:
1. Stephen Hauschka 28.9
2. Austin Seibert 29.6
3. Elliott Fry 35.6
4. Jake Elliott 41.3
5. Michael Badgley 42.2

PUNTER

Top 5:
1. Jack Fox 92.2
2. Tommy Townsend 87.2
3. J.K. Scott 78.2
4. Bryan Anger 75.5
5. Mitch Wishnowsky 75.3

Bottom 5:
1. Andy Lee 56.1
2a. Thomas Morstead 60.7
2b. Chris Jones 60.7
4. Britton Colquitt 60.8
5. Dustin Colquitt 61.0

Thoughts on how the Raiders are slated? I for one have no idea how Sam Young isn't the worst rated player in the league, let-alone not in the bottom 5 for OT's.