NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Just now, CWood21 said:

...even if you want to include that trade, you're ignoring that whole "QB premium" concept.  Not to mention, that trade was completed what a month prior to the draft?  That's another premium right there.

Ya I mean if someone trades up to the Jets it will be for a QB but sure 

Lots of pushback currently to Daniel Jones going high in the draft. I see lots of people more or less pointing out the obvious, how when people talk about Jones, they mention his coach and closeness to the Mannings, but not his actual ability or skillset. I'll be damned if any scouting department doesnt put that stuff first. 

Just now, Nastradamus said:

Ya I mean if someone trades up to the Jets it will be for a QB but sure 

I mean, that's a WHOLE different discussion.  The original point was that the Raiders or Buccaneers would trade their SRP to move up 1 or 2 spots for a non-QB.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Lots of pushback currently to Daniel Jones going high in the draft. I see lots of people more or less pointing out the obvious, how when people talk about Jones, they mention his coach and closeness to the Mannings, but not his actual ability or skillset. I'll be damned if any scouting department doesnt put that stuff first. 

So wait, are you saying that scouts do put coach and closeness to the Mannings first, or that they don't?

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I think they woukd prefer an edge.  Same reason the niners would take Bosa over Williams, really. Just depends on how they want to build the defense

It's not like we're set on the DL. Yeah, we had 13 sacks so edge would be preferred but Williams looks like a great pass rusher as well as overall talent. There is a lot of DE talent in this thread and w/ two later firsts, they can always move up to grab someone else if needed. IMO, Williams is the best prospect in the draft and they need defensive linemen. He'll be the pick if Bosa isn't there and he is. If Bosa, for some stupid reason, is there, he'll be the guy.

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So wait, are you saying that scouts do put coach and closeness to the Mannings first, or that they don't?

They don't. If Daniel Jones is picked that early, it's because an owner (not saying Mara, but probably Mara) is running the team's draft, not the GM. 

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

They don't. If Daniel Jones is picked that early, it's because an owner (not saying Mara, but probably Mara) is running the team's draft, not the GM. 

OK good.  I was about to have serious questions about why you thought that if you meant the opposite.

Daniel Jones looks like a mid-second rounder to me all day.  System QB material, probably a high end backup, mid-level backup floor.  High floor, but such a low ceiling, there's not much difference.

Lock at least has armstrength and moments of studliness for all his absolute garbage tape.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Daniel Jones seems like the QB that the NFL consistently adores and thus overdrafts.  Like if you were to design one of those in a lab, you might get Daniel Jones.  

FWIW, I thought the same thing about Allen last year.  Tall, big armed QB with accuracy issues has been the posterchild of first round busts for years.

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Q Will ain't better at what he does than BOsa is at what he does and EDGE as you said is more valuable. Get Bosa, don't over think it. Buckner and Q is redundant with Thomas and co as well. Isn't Armstead back too?

QWill ain’t what? I’m gonna assume you didn’t mean what you wrote.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

QWill ain’t what? I’m gonna assume you didn’t mean what you wrote.

This and the question isn't edge or interior, it's that pass rush is more valuable than run stuffing. Quinnen was the best pass rusher in the country last year.

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Didn't one of your beat writers already say that wasnt going to happen? How good are your beat writers? 

After listening to the podcast Gambo doubled down.  It won’t be Williams if they stay at #1.  Murray or Bosa

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

After listening to the podcast Gambo doubled down.  It won’t be Williams if they stay at #1.  Murray or Bosa

Which likely means that one has been their target all along and one is the big name being thrown out there to bait another team into trading up.

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

For the sake of conversation is think the Giants will be terrible and would take their 2nd this year and next over the Pats 1st.

Bill will little homie y’all and give you that late second and you’ll throw a late pick back their way. 

Archived