NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He loses a bit of credibility when he says Armstead could fetch a late first. Just no way in the world that is happening. Armstead is a solid player, no doubt, but he's not a pass rusher. You're not paying a late first round pick for a guy making 10 million this year, needs a new contract, is a non pass rush lineman who's greatest strength is what he does against the run and the fact that he can line up at 1 / 3 / 5 tech 

Yea, I had to include it and had to specifically mention that what he values Armstead at. I personally think he's being generous on both guys.

15 minutes ago, typecast said:

These are the rumors I come here for. Thank you for posting. 

As @Forge stated, I have a hard time seeing us getting a first for arik armstead. He is making 9 million this year on his 5th year option. 

I do think he has value, the guy has flashed when healthy. He is a beast in run defense and is slippery as hell. He's a better fit in a 3-4 which is what we drafted him to be. He has amazing hand usage and his leverage has improved. 

He is still super young. His problem has basically just been health. He was healthy last year for the first time and flashed. He was only a part time player though. 

I don't think anyone will give us anything of value for a guy who is (over)paid at 9m and then is a FA.

Solomon Thomas would be the odd man out if we drafted QW. Idk, I like Solomon. I think we would he foolish to trade him right now. I don't think teams will offer us anything that would make it worth it. 

We have basically played Solomon at DE when he really is a DT for the last two years and then been surprised when he didn't play well. The guy has the skillset to be a damn fine DT. 

As weird as it is to say ... We haven't extended Buckner yet. Maybe we trade him?? Idk. 

Drafting QW means we need to trade one of Thomas,Buckner, armstead. I guess we think he's the f***ing second coming if we take him considering the logjam of talent 

23 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

A late 1st for Armstead? Color me pleasantly surprised. Who wants the next Michael Brockers for a late 1st? I would hope the Niners would accept that without a second of hesitation.

Yeah, that seems highly doubtful. And is Armstead even that good? Brockers is an outstanding run stopper when healthy.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

These are the rumors I come here for. Thank you for posting. 

As @Forge stated, I have a hard time seeing us getting a first for arik armstead. He is making 9 million this year on his 5th year option. 

I do think he has value, the guy has flashed when healthy. He is a beast in run defense and is slippery as hell. He's a better fit in a 3-4 which is what we drafted him to be. He has amazing hand usage and his leverage has improved. 

He is still super young. His problem has basically just been health. He was healthy last year for the first time and flashed. He was only a part time player though. 

I don't think anyone will give us anything of value for a guy who is (over)paid at 9m and then is a FA.

Solomon Thomas would be the odd man out if we drafted QW. Idk, I like Solomon. I think we would he foolish to trade him right now. I don't think teams will offer us anything that would make it worth it. 

We have basically played Solomon at DE when he really is a DT for the last two years and then been surprised when he didn't play well. The guy has the skillset to be a damn fine DT. 

As weird as it is to say ... We haven't extended Buckner yet. Maybe we trade him?? Idk. 

Drafting QW means we need to trade one of Thomas,Buckner, armstead. I guess we think he's the f***ing second coming if we take him considering the logjam of talent 

We aren’t trading Buckner. The Giants asked about him when we were talking about OBJ and we slammed the door on that; that is not a move you make with a guy you are gunna let walk or try to trade later. I’m extremely confident Buckner will be a 49ers for a very long time. I agree about not trading Thomas right now as we would be selling low and there is no reason we can’t afford to keep him for depth if he doesn’t get figured out. I think what he went through last year really screwed him up hopefully a fresh start this season will do him good.

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

We aren’t trading Buckner. The Giants asked about him when we were talking about OBJ and we slammed the door on that; that is not a move you make with a guy you are gunna let walk or try to trade later. I’m extremely confident Buckner will be a 49ers for a very long time. I agree about not trading Thomas right now as we would be selling low and there is no reason we can’t afford to keep him for depth if he doesn’t get figured out. I think what he went through last year really screwed him up hopefully a fresh start this season will do him good.

Oh I agree 100%. I'm just throwing it out there considering this is the rumor/conspiracy theory thread lol 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, that seems highly doubtful. And is Armstead even that good? Brockers is an outstanding run stopper when healthy.

Hard to quantify in that regard, I don't really know enough about others to make that claim, but he's good against the run. On the edge it is particularly notable. But last year was also by far his best season since his rookie campaign. 

As a 3-4 end, he was actually amazingly efficient at creating pressures as well, and then it all just went away. My guess is that a smaller sample size his first two years inflated his numbers and he just regressed to his mean. 

Health has been a major issue for him too. 

He's a solid player. More than that? Meh. I mean, he's nice to have on the roster, and he'd be a fit for any team, and be a benefit, but he is what he is

not a rumor 

not a hot take

just an observation 

2006 - Colts select RB Joseph Addai in the 1st round, have a week 6 Bye and make the Super Bowl in Miami (beat Chicago) 

2009 - Colts select RB Donald Brown in the first round, have a week 6 Bye and make the Super Bowl in Miami (loss to New Orleans) 

2019 Colts have a week 6 Bye and the Super Bowl is in Miami 

27 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

not a rumor 

not a hot take

just an observation 

2006 - Colts select RB Joseph Addai in the 1st round, have a week 6 Bye and make the Super Bowl in Miami (beat Chicago) 

2009 - Colts select RB Donald Brown in the first round, have a week 6 Bye and make the Super Bowl in Miami (loss to New Orleans) 

Colts super bowl appearance confirmed.

42 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

not a rumor 

not a hot take

just an observation 

Stop being a homer 

I do believe there is a small possibly of this happening for two reasons.  One, I believe the Raiders could lowball the crap out of Keim to move up for Bosa if they love him.  Two, you’re still protected if Murray goes 3 and can tell Josh you’re our guy because we passed on him at 1.  Kingsbury could be higher on Murray and still feel confident in Rosen for them to risk it.  Worst case scenario you end up with Ed Oliver and an extra late 1st.  

If the Jets take a defensive player at 3 the Cards lose leverage in discussions for Rosen at which point they’d probably take a 2nd.  Again small chance but Keim is capable of outsmarting himself.  

13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I do believe there is a small possibly of this happening for two reasons.  One, I believe the Raiders could lowball the crap out of Keim to move up for Bosa if they love him.  Two, you’re still protected if Murray goes 3 and can tell Josh you’re our guy because we passed on him at 1.  Kingsbury could be higher on Murray and still feel confident in Rosen for them to risk it.  Worst case scenario you end up with Ed Oliver and an extra late 1st.  

If the Jets take a defensive player at 3 the Cards lose leverage in discussions for Rosen at which point they’d probably take a 2nd.  Again small chance but Keim is capable of outsmarting himself.  

I don't buy it. If the Cardinals are ready to make the substantial investment/commitment in Murray they won't risk moving down. It's not something you play with.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't buy it. If the Cardinals are ready to make the substantial investment/commitment in Murray they won't risk moving down. It's not something you play with.

Yeah, if you think Murray is a franchise QB you just take him 

Archived