NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

41 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Great question. If I were Oakland, I wouldn't move up at all. They traded Khalil Mack for two firsts because they had more holes to fill. If they use two firsts on an EDGE, I don't like the move as much. Yes, they were able to afford an elite talent like Antonio Brown (due to salary cap) because they got rid of Mack. However, that third round pick wasn't part of the Mack deal if I remember correctly. I would take Allen. I love his speed and athleticism, upside, character, production, shows the potential for a very large variety of moves, versatility to keep opponents guessing, can work in all three phases of defense. Yes, Bosa is bigger as a 4-3 DE with good punch, power, looks very refined, but A) I don't see the upside that I see with Josh Allen, and B) he's bigger, but he's not massively larger than Allen. I would rate him ahead of Allen in the Raiders' scheme, but not by that much. I DO think it would not be as good of a move to go defensive tackle as far as filling the holes goes, just because they have a fantastic space-eater in the middle in Johnathan Hankins, with Hurst as a stud-ly interior DL as well, not even counting PJ Hall. Get an EDGE across from Arden Key with a high first, maybe another EDGE to challenge him for snaps. The only caveat is that talent is talent, so obviously neither QWill or Oliver would be a bad move.

I disagree that taking an EDGE would be foolish simply because they dealt Mack to fill other needs. Money played a huge role and because of all the holes it affords them the opportunity to take the BPA and if that guy is Bosa it would be foolish to pass on him bc EDGE is one of those holes

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I disagree that taking an EDGE would be foolish simply because they dealt Mack to fill other needs. Money played a huge role and because of all the holes it affords them the opportunity to take the BPA and if that guy is Bosa it would be foolish to pass on him bc EDGE is one of those holes

Right. I was saying that I wouldn't TRADE UP for an edge, and would just go best player available.

BBK is the same size as Shaq Thompson but a bit faster/quicker. 6’ 230 is fine at LB for many schemes. The size concern is overblown particularly as he’s also the same size as Devin Bush.

if he’s there late rd3 I think it’s value for a guy who’s likely a solid starter

49ers should shock the world and take Murray

Yeah nothing like "shocking the world" by making one of the dumbest draft moves ever.  I have another idea, KC should shock the world and trade up to draft Lock.  9_9 

Back to reality....... 

I remain unconvinced that AZ will draft Murray and Rosen will get traded. It just makes no sense. Of course that doesn't mean it won't happen...... 

Today's podcast. For those that want to listen, it's a pretty heavy podcast that breaks down the DraftCountdown.com final mock draft, then they breakdown the positions, some of the top guys and people to look out for later. These are just the rumors mentioned

• Jeffrey Simmons is already running. May be available to the team that drafts him around week 6.
  • A concern about Kyler Murray loving baseball more than football and going back later.
  • Doctors have said Sweat's heart condition isn't going to be an issue, but teams are scared and chopping away at him trying to find reasons not to like him.
  • If the Dolphins trade up, they are more likely to draft a DL (Oliver) that can contribute sooner, then find a QB down the road that they really love.
  • Jets and Bucs are the two teams most likely to move down and have been linked with possible trade partners.
  • Giants are in a panic mode about the QB situation and are thinking about moving up to secure Daniel Jones. They don't think he makes it to 17 and that another team may try to hop them for Jones.
  • Zac Taylor has focused on Ryan Finley as a QB option later. Cincy has shown interest in Haskins, but they need help at linebacker.
  • 49ers have offered a 2 and a 3 to the patriots to move up and hop the Cardinals for AJ Brown.
  • If the Patriots don't trade up for a TE (one of the Iowa guys), or swap with the 49ers (Irv Smith), they could go WR and Deebo Samuel is the top WR on their board.
  • Chiefs are looking at Harmon in round 2.
  • If Jets ultimately decide to move to teens, they'll look at Burns and try to convert him into an OLB.
  • Murphy and Baker are going to be only first round outside corners.
  • Detroit wants Layne in round 2.
  • Bears are going to looking at Jachai Polite if he falls or the best running back available.

49 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

As they should be. Why rush trading him? A team will come with fair value in due time.

No, they won't.  They might get marginally better value, but at a certain point teams are going to move to the '20 draft class.  Teams aren't going to give up future picks lightly.

Peter King put out his mock draft today. Has the 49ers taking Bosa at #2. I can't speak for his accuracy with regards to other teams selections, but King hasn't missed on a 49er first round pick in his mock since 2014 (not including selections when the 49ers traded back into the first to acquire guys like Foster / Garnett). 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No, they won't.  They might get marginally better value, but at a certain point teams are going to move to the '20 draft class.  Teams aren't going to give up future picks lightly.

They won’t? But they might get better value. 

Can you pick one please. 

12 minutes ago, typecast said:

Today's podcast. For those that want to listen, it's a pretty heavy podcast that breaks down the DraftCountdown.com final mock draft, then they breakdown the positions, some of the top guys and people to look out for later. These are just the rumors mentioned

• Jeffrey Simmons is already running. May be available to the team that drafts him around week 6.
  • A concern about Kyler Murray loving baseball more than football and going back later.
  • Doctors have said Sweat's heart condition isn't going to be an issue, but teams are scared and chopping away at him trying to find reasons not to like him.
  • If the Dolphins trade up, they are more likely to draft a DL (Oliver) that can contribute sooner, then find a QB down the road that they really love.
  • Jets and Bucs are the two teams most likely to move down and have been linked with possible trade partners.
  • Giants are in a panic mode about the QB situation and are thinking about moving up to secure Daniel Jones. They don't think he makes it to 17 and that another team may try to hop them for Jones.
  • Zac Taylor has focused on Ryan Finley as a QB option later. Cincy has shown interest in Haskins, but they need help at linebacker.
  • 49ers have offered a 2 and a 3 to the patriots to move up and hop the Cardinals for AJ Brown.
  • If the Patriots don't trade up for a TE (one of the Iowa guys), or swap with the 49ers (Irv Smith), they could go WR and Deebo Samuel is the top WR on their board.
  • Chiefs are looking at Harmon in round 2.
  • If Jets ultimately decide to move to teens, they'll look at Burns and try to convert him into an OLB.
  • Murphy and Baker are going to be only first round outside corners.
  • Detroit wants Layne in round 2.
  • Bears are going to looking at Jachai Polite if he falls or the best running back available.

Somebody tell the 49ers that the Rams are happy to deal.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Somebody tell the 49ers that the Rams are happy to deal.

Oh snap, I didn't include the Rams. They were mentioned during the centers discussion (Bradbury/McCoy) and were trying to find a way to move up for Bradbury.

Archived