Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Alright. I'll stay in but I gotta say this:

I don't lie about my activity or my obligations. We play a game of lying, but I believe that no matter what, you play straight up with your opponents. You only deceive them within the actual structure of the game.

I don't care what you all think of me or about my life, but to me, sportsmanship and respect are held in the absolute highest esteem. I absolutely judge people who try to angle shoot at a poker table. I absolutely will not play with them again. To me, sportsmanship and respect for your opponents transcends the idea of some game. It's not about the game, it's about people. And everything is about other people. I wake up in the morning and play games. I go to work and play games. I come home and play games. Games are my livelihood and pretty much the only way I interact with people. If you mess with the spirit of the game, you are messing with my relationship with you.

IMO, there was no excuse for how I was treated in the last game by people I call my friends. IF my friendship and relationship with you mean anything to you, then please do not do that to me again. If those things don't mean anything, then at least I will know for sure where we stand.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Alright. I'll stay in but I gotta say this:

I don't lie about my activity or my obligations. We play a game of lying, but I believe that no matter what, you play straight up with your opponents. You only deceive them within the actual structure of the game.

I don't care what you all think of me or about my life, but to me, sportsmanship and respect are held in the absolute highest esteem. I absolutely judge people who try to angle shoot at a poker table. I absolutely will not play with them again. To me, sportsmanship and respect for your opponents transcends the idea of some game. It's not about the game, it's about people. And everything is about other people. I wake up in the morning and play games. I go to work and play games. I come home and play games. Games are my livelihood and pretty much the only way I interact with people. If you mess with the spirit of the game, you are messing with my relationship with you.

IMO, there was no excuse for how I was treated in the last game by people I call my friends. IF my friendship and relationship with you mean anything to you, then please do not do that to me again. If those things don't mean anything, then at least I will know for sure where we stand.

Someone tell me what happened?

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

I will honor your request and remove you from the game.

I respect you as a person, and I think you are a great host and player, but you are incorrect when you call the people that voted for you bad sports because we didnt wait for you to present a case.

Now that I know that hammering you before you had a chance to state your case bothers you, I more than likely wouldnt do it if I didnt need to, even if we did get a positive invest against you. But I would honor this only because I know it makes you upset (which I obviously do not want to happen), not because I believe the act of voting someone is angle shooting. Even if they are afk.

I think it is unreasonable for you to have expected many of us to anticipate your reaction to your lynch. The typical reaction by most of us if we had a guilty put on us by a cop and then hammered early would be to say 'bah' and move on. 

Also, in the very same game, matts was lynched when he wasnt around either. He got revived later and continued playing with no animosity. Getting lynched can happen at any time when you are dealing with the hybrid hammer, and if people play to their win condition, its not dishonorable to vote for someone they think is mafia. I know I've been lynched before when I was away from the computer as well. It sucks but thats part of the game.

In many cases, it makes game sense to wait for the player to come in to hear their case, but lets say you were civ.....mafia might want to be agressive and jump on the lynch before you had a chance to come in. Thats a valid game strategy. 

Angle shooting might be stuff like lying about inactivity to say you had a broken leg in real life (sorry gopher lol). However, thats become part of the game as well. Anything posted in the game thread should be scrutinized. Even people that are afk for valid reasons. But voting for someone in the game that you believe is mafia should not ever be considered angle shooting. 

Again, I 100 percent see where you are coming from on this issue, and if you decided to play again, I would be cognizent of how you personally feel about getting lynched before you had a chance to present your case. 

So I ask you to see our side of it as well, and know that we meant no disrespect or illwill toward you when we voted you....we were playing the mafia game and we voted you like we would have voted anyone else in that situation.

• Like 1