Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Nah come on. Andrew owes the "fans" nothing though. Nor the organization. He's an employee that they wanted. He's not obligated to retire when it's convenient for everyone else. :)

The fans also don't owe him anything. He was an employee because he wanted to be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

How long until a prominent media person blames Andrew Luck choosing his well-being over his wallet or wins, on the fact that (having been born in 1989) Andrew Luck is a millennial.

As a boomer I fully support Luck's retirement, I don't like the timing but it's his life. Anyone angry he chose his health/family over immaterial things needs to buy a mirror because you need to reflect on what you would do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Of all the things that might be be described as "snake person", retiring isn't one of them tbh.

It's just funny because with the exception of some of the really young guys drafted in the last two years (who are Gen Z), and about 10-20 old timers (Tom Brady is in the Oregon Trail generation) the entire NFL is Millennials.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Fans are very emotional, I understand why they are booing because they are shocked, pissed, sad, whatever. Most will regret doing it years from now though 

I'm sure a lot more details will come out in the following weeks 

Nah, people stay the dirt bags they are. :)

Saying that Andrew Luck is retiring because he's mentally drained and is focusing on his physical and mental health is great.  That's fantastic.  Everyone should wish him well in that respect.  But that's Luck's point of view.  When you make decisions in life, other people have their point of view as well.

The 53 guys in the locker room just lost their franchise QB on the brink of the season starting.  The fans just lost all hope.  While people can respect Luck's decision, it comes with ramifications for other people.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I understand both sides of it.

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I can't imagine all the concussions and now suffering a real leg injury where it's like "yeah you might not be able to walk when you're 50" is worth the money for a lot of these guys. At a point, money can't buy you a new body.

bro, wtf is the matter with you? do you secretly wish, that while serious,  relatively routine injuries will cause longterm injury. i can point out at least 3 samples in the last 12-18 months alone of you having zero knowledge or facts  behind it just spouting off nonsense on how this will effeft people 20-30 years from now. like, do you just want it to be true. what kind of person jumps to long term, life lasting damage on acl tears and high ankle damage?

apolgies for the tangent but its almost everytime someone is hurt this guy is jumping to life changing injuries. back on topic, shocking news, but hes beem hurt a decent amount the last few years, gotta wear on you and with the amount of money he has in the bank he apparently figures its not worth it

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Nah come on. Andrew owes the "fans" nothing though. Nor the organization. He's an employee that they wanted. He's not obligated to retire when it's convenient for everyone else. :)

Horse manure! His obligation is to at the very least inform them back in April there's a remote possibility.  Not 12 days before the season!

Now if that occured,  then so be it..

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The Titan Killer is really retiring? Tell me I'm dreaming.

The catch: Just in time for the Colts to potentially end up picking ahead of you guys when you'd be attempting to replace Mariota next year...

• Like 1