Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Webby already stated the deadline has passed for the season.  He's stuck with the name for at least 9 more months.

Over to you, EliteTragedy80.

YKIgPcv.gif

Yeah but he's ET. Webby likes him.

this is where webby shows up and says he doesn't

• Like 2

Okay, now obviously the Texans were fleeced. Obviously. However, I'm not sure, player-wise, if the Texans could have gotten a much better haul from the Seahawks. Like MAYBE if they got Shaquem instead of one of the two, but I doubt the Hawks would ever really be willing to separate the two guys and remove such a high-character locker-room guy from the team. I sort of like both of the players the Texans got in return. It's not like there were any OL that the Seagulls could have sent as compensation. And it's not like any OL would have really accomplished anything. The Texans need an already-developed pro-bowl tackle or new coaching for their OL. As far as physical tools go, there's not much more an OL coach could ask for than what Julie'n Davenport, Martina's Rankin, Nick Martin, Tyrus Howard, and Max Scharping have to offer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So they got a special teams player that was going to get cut anyway, a backup LB, and a 3rd round pick for one of the best edge players in the league and its good value? No way.

When did he say it was good value? He just said he didn't think it was horrible on Houston's end.

No, but seriously. Everything wrong with the offensive line is fully the fault of the current coaching/GM situation. Each of the Texans' YOUNG O-linemen were pegged as having pro bowl potential, but being really raw. Guys that could be good, but would need a few years to develop and require patience. How do the Texans try to fix that? By constantly reshuffling and throwing as many bodies into the mix as they can, still starting all of those young, raw guys at like eight positions, yanking them in and out of the lineup.

Tytus Howard is an LG with pro-bowl potential. He comes from Alabama State, so of course there's an adjustment period. Julie'n Davenport is from BUCKNELL. Also, he's obviously a left tackle, and moving him around was the most moronic thing Houston could have done last off-season. If you're not comfortable starting him on the blindside, keep him as a swing tackle, but know that his true position is LT. Work with him as an LT. Max Scharping is a rookie from Northern Illinois, for Pete's sake. He's not ready to be a stud RG. Martinas Rankin is a raw second-year RT that needed help from a NFL Strength program coming out. He struck me as a zone-blocking right tackle with good movement skills but a lack of power coming out. Not great with hand placement or setting his base. Really athletic, though. 

Like Nick Martin is the only guy that ISN'T raw, and they've gotten the best production out of him. Not a force in either the run game or pass protection, but not a huge liability, either. 

The Texans have needed help NOW for at least the past three years. And, Nick Martin aside (who has arguably been outplayed by Greg Mancz, anyway) they've only gotten developmental project guys and then people wonder why the blocking hasn't really improved.

Sorry for ranting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

PleasantPlushFugu-size_restricted.gif

Rankin seems more like a finesse RT that lacks in finesse to me. Not powerful, but explosive. Good movement skills. Tests well. Gets beaten by power, can mirror some speed rushers, but is prone to overextending and loses with his hands. He's a modern TE in an RT body. Good upside, but it's basically all projection.

Edited by HoboRocket

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Rankin seems more like a finesse RT that lacks in finesse to me. Not powerful, but explosive. Good movement skills. Tests well. Gets beaten by power, can mirror some speed rushers, but is prone to overextending and loses with his hands. He's a modern TE in an RT body. Good upside, but it's basically all projection.

It was my understanding that they were in no position to be turning their nose up at any sort of OT depth, developmental or not.

It's almost like their starting QB had to take a bus last season because the puncture in his lung he got due to excessive hits prevented him from flying with the rest of the team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's almost like their starting QB had to take a bus last season because the puncture in his lung he got due to excessive hits prevented him from flying with the rest of the team.

They should've moved up for Andre Dillard this year man. I was surprised that they were so stagnant during free agency this year too. They should've targeted Trent Brown. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They should've moved up for Andre Dillard this year man. I was surprised that they were so stagnant during free agency this year too. They should've targeted Trent Brown. 

I'm convinced BOB is trying to get Watson crippled so that he has an excuse to bring in Hackenberg.

• Like 1