Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Eh.  He was more like that QB when he played the Bears last season.

BB doesn't get near the credit he should for how poorly the Rams offense did against his defense in the SB.  It strengthens my argument that if you give Belichick 2+ weeks to prepare for an offense/scheme that he has at least a full season's worth of tape on, it's lights out, sister.  The man is just plain that good at chopping out your dominant leg on offense and then leaning on you until you collapse.

I give BB infinite credit for everything.

The guy ate Joe Montana for breakfast twice in the playoffs in the 80s. (Montana beat the Giants before BB was running the D)

The guy has been to 12 Super Bowls on merit.

1 minute ago, klyon7634 said:

Yes he absolutely is. He looked great. That’s kind of what I was getting at. The guy looked great. Nagy has done nothing but talk him up all offseason. Yet he gets the least touches 

Eh. It's one game, and that offense couldn't really get ANYTHING going. No use just feeding him to the wolves. Bears never even had a chance to establish any sort of rhythm. I wouldn't panic.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yet you quoted my post which was about Smith's decision making and line calls...

where you quoted a post agreeing about alex smiths accuracy....

but whenever that debate comes on  smith i look forward to hearing about his line calls.

Edited by GSUeagles14

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and Aaron Jones looked like the most dangerous runner Green Bay had for the last two years. He still got mccarthied. You just never know with coaches

Yep, I had the same thought. The fact they had Mike Davis in on the last two drives was a major red flag for me. 

Nagy is better than Mccarthy though. The bears will need to run the ball. Maybe they just were worried about a rookie from a smaller conference wouldnt be able to handle the bright lights. IDK

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I give BB infinite credit for everything.

The guy ate Joe Montana for breakfast twice in the playoffs in the 80s. (Montana beat the Giants before BB was running the D)

The guy has been to 12 Super Bowls on merit.

Just make sure you give him credit for the losses. Joe Flacco, Jake Plummer, Jim Everett, or Mark Sanchez. :) 

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Just imagine how great the Bears could be if they even had just a decent QB.  Such a shame.

Im not a fan of Trubisky at all but he is arguably a decent QB who had a below average game tonight by his standards.

The Bears offense is unspectacular far beyond their QB. Their receiving and running back groups are at best solid.

All in all it wont be a bad offense but it's real limited. Definitly below average offense.

I thought Packers D would be solid this season after all the acquisitions, which along with a revitalized offense (didn't see that tonight, granted @ Chicago), would let them win the division. 

I thought Bears would fall to 7 or 8 wins as Mitch wouldn't take the next step, while the D would regress with the loss of Fangio, not to mention regression is all but a given after historically strong years.

We didn't really see that revitalized Packers offense, and we saw no signs of regression in the Bears D. Perhaps 1 of these still holds true (Packers offense is good, just couldn't beat a great D OR Bears D did regress, just looked good against stale Packers O).

Either way, it's just the opener, can't look too much into it. My biggest takeaways would be that the Packers will have a respectable D, while Mitch will continue to struggle, but TBD.

• Like 1