Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

39 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

No team that would want him has room for his salary. After watching him today, who would even want him?

Oh, we are on the hook for his salary this year. Any trade would likely keep us on the hook for most of that. Trading him would be about getting out of his contract for next year.

As far as who would want him after his game today, I don't know but the Vikings and Jets both wanted him after watching him play in Washington. It is not like he looked better than average there. He is still the same guy that he was when we signed him which was when other teams wanted him too. Teams with playoff ambitions do silly things sometimes. Look at what Rick did when Teddy was injured. Kirk Cousins is not worse than Supreme Captain Checkdown Bradford. was when the Vikings traded for him.

Late Add:

I would trade Kirk Cousins to the Saints straight up for Teddy Bridgewater right now even with the cap allocation being left exactly the same for both teams this year.  And yes, I have seen has Teddy has done in Teddy's two most recent games with extended action.

Edited by Cearbhall
Late Add

3 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Ive stood behind Cousins since the day he signed. But today is the day, that i give up. He is not the guy. I hate to say it, but i want this team to MISS the playoffs. I want a QB drafted in round 1 next year. I know 100% this team led by Kirk Cousins, with this offensive line can not win a playoff game against  some of the NFC's best. I think we have blown this teams championship window, because Cousins & this OL. The run game & defense is great & championship caliber. 

People will say its an over reaction & that its only week 2. But its over. For those who think otherwise, get back with me after week 17. 

I don't want us to miss the playoffs, but if we really like one of these QBs, I'd be all for trading up to get one. 

I think I'm just done with Kirk Cousins. He's such an 8-8 QB and the definition of QB Purgatory.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

Oh, we are on the hook for his salary this year. Any trade would likely keep us on the hook for most of that. Trading him would be about getting out of his contract for next year.

As far as who would want him after his game today, I don't know but the Vikings and Jets both wanted him after watching him play in Washington. It is not like he looked better than average there. He is still the same guy that he was when we signed him and when other teams wanted him. Teams with playoff ambitions do silly things sometimes. Look at what Rick did when Teddy was injured. Kirk Cousins is not worse than Supreme Captain Checkdown Bradford. was when the Vikings traded for him.

Case Keemun can still get a starting gig. Same with Fitzpatrick. Cousins won’t have a problem finding work. But MN needs to invest heavily in QB sooner than later to even have a chance of moving on. 

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd be all for trading up to get one. 

I would too but if the team doesn't make the playoffs this year, I honestly can't see Spielman coming back.

Rick went all in giving Kirk $84 million guaranteed and I don't see the Wilf's being too happy if Kirk misses the playoffs in at least two of his three years.

If Rick is GM, does he trade up and go for broke in the 2020 draft and hope he hits? If he does draft a QB early, how do you bench Kirk when he's making a crap ton of money? I guess it'll be easier if the team is sucking but even then....Rick is probably gone.

Will the new GM take a big risk like that from jump street? 

I just don't see the trade up coming in 2020 regardless of who's GM. I think 2021 would be the earliest we see it.

Regardless, I think it's time for a new GM. Rick has proven he can't find a QB.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Case Keemun can still get a starting gig. Same with Fitzpatrick. Cousins won’t have a problem finding work. But MN needs to invest heavily in QB sooner than later to even have a chance of moving on. 

Finding work as a FA is different than finding a team that would trade for him.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I think great quarterbacks find a way. But this is pretty absurd. Unfortunately, we need someone with better pocket presence and steely nerves to handle the pocket issues. 

Cousins may be a momentum quarterback and there were several times where the momentum could have turned in his favor. 1) The called back touchdown due to Cook’s pick 2) The dropped ball by Diggs on the crossing route - yes, I realize it was behind him, but he made that play all day for Keenum. 

Cousins appears to be shook. That’s what happens with pressure, a relatively immobile quarterback, and mediocre pocket presence. 

So, where do we go? I do think the interception in the end zone is pretty uncharacteristic of Cousins. That said, it’s inexcusable. He even saw it earlier and then decided to throw the pass after patting the ball. I’m also on the bus of why didn’t we just keep running. We were wearing them out. It’s also a bit of an indictment on Stefanski using the rollout on that play. That play was a disaster every time during the game. Why go away from what was working?

Im disenchanted by Cousins at this point, but he is what we have to roll with for now. He’ll have to dig deep and ask himself if he’s capable of overcoming. Of rising above the pressure. It’ll be up to the coaching staff to put him in great positions and shore up the pressure and counteract it through play design - maybe more shotgun zone combo run/pass? We can loathe the position we’re in, but it denies that we have to deal with what we got. I think we can. This is where great teams figure out a way and mediocre teams fold. We’ll find out which soon enough. 

It was in Lambeau and we had many opportunities to lock this game up. It’s not the end of the world, but we must keep grinding. 

• Like 4

The more I think about it the less I like Kirk’s attitude. “I’m a .500 QB and I have to be better” sounds like a student apologizing or a young employee trying to climb the corporate ladder. I want to hear my leader admit and own fault, but I want him to say that he’s a winner and that he’s not here to fail. There’s been too many “this is on me” moments,  and not enough improvement week to week (or year to year now) for me to believe him. Don’t tell me, show me.

• Like 1