Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia (Ivalice wins!)

TheKillerNacho

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I actually was really worried I’d be outed as scum when swag/squire/someone else said I wasn’t acting scummy, which apparently is either my or their default setting 

Me. 

I only remember because after I said that I was shocked I didnt have a scum read on you, you said the same thing about me. Which raised an eyebrow. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Me. 

I only remember because after I said that I was shocked I didnt have a scum read on you, you said the same thing about me. Which raised an eyebrow. 

Yeah I tried to buddy up to you since I knew you were town in hopes you could sway forge away from me. 
Self voting to hide my team was my only option. I couldn’t vote llama or that would clear him, and the same went for squire, and people speculated you’d been converted, so swag and forge were my only options 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I already tried to kill forge night 2 and would have continued to try until I got him swag, sorry. Great move with the vote switch, very smart.

It seriously almost worked. My messages to nacho on n2 lol: 

On 10/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, Forge said:

Well, screw it. No commuting. Kill KSJ

On 10/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, Forge said:

Can we scratch that? Go ahead and commute, no hit on ksj

On 10/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Forge said:

Yeah, go ahead and commute. I feel better about ksj, worse about Orca

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Orca may not talk to me for a while. Rack/myself/Naz kinda ran with it. Sorry Orca. @Forge when did you really start suspecting me and why? Aside from the vote flip on ET/TK( @Dome screwed me by milliseconds there) I felt like I played well.

N1 started it. I often like to look into those that avoid the two main lynch lines on n1. It's not a guarantee or anything, but it gives me a place to start, and it's a smaller pool to investigate so you can't get lost in the BS. I cleared Touch through an invest on n1, so that left a very limited number of players remaining who weren't on squire or tk3. After that I just paid attention to you more. I didn't think that you offered a ton with regards to sussing out anyone, but you would defend yourself. It felt like that was your priority. The pickle thing and when I called you out for the mischaracterization of what I did on the Orca thing locked it in, so that night I used the invest on you. 

• Like 1

Official Awards

MVP: @SwAg: Despite starting the game with any investigations or any abilities that can provide information, his phenomenal thread play and scum-hunting allowed him to not only find scum and lynch them, but allowed him to survive long enough for his Espers to be able to be a major asset. I feel like I don't really need to go into detail with this as it's been already said to death in postgame.

Rookie/Comeback player of the Game: @Llamalover: He did a nice job filling in and at times had some thoughtful contributions. I look forward to seeing more games from this poster!

LVP: @kingseanjohn: It pains me to do this since this is his second consecutive LVP for KSJ from me. I hope he doesn't start to resent me but he did a big fat nothing with his abilities on any night. The Calculator, while providing no benefit to the user, was a filthily OP class imo when I threw the set up together. Despite this, KSJ actively chose to not use his ability once, except on the final night. Town was ultimately wrong when they decided not to save him (and in Matts' case, to poison him in the first place), but he made virtually no compelling case to keep himself around. He didn't try to use his ability on his town read in the hope he'd be helpful. I understand being hesitant, not wanting to use your move on a scum player accidentally, but he basically took his role out of the game.

JVP: I'm not handing this out because I dislike this award.

Funniest Move: @Matts4313: Confusing @theuntouchable on the same turn touch was trying to give him a Spear. Ended up alright since it randomly gave it to Swag, but still.

Most Swingy Player: @Counselor and @Dome: For their combined redirects on Night 1 to get Delita out of the game. There were a lot of players redirected because of this. Dome used his ability to redirect the first target of a player on Counselor, to redirect towards Swag. Counselor was trying to drive touch and Pickle, which translated into the drive instead being on Swag and Pickle. The end result was Pickle's untimely demise.

Luckiest Player: @Tk3: Tk3 was definitely lucky that Ramza was still around to convert him back, as he was thrown onto a sinking ship during the last turns of the game.

Unluckiest Player: @Pickle Rick: Stabbing yourself due to misdirect shenanigans as a lone Indy definitely sucks.

Best Timing: @Forge: Forge was the other MVP candidate. He was pretty exemplary and a good town asset with his knowledge of the source material. He did have the benefit of having the strongest investigation ability in the game, but he was able to maximize its effect. What won him this award, however was that he drew two scum kills on the exact nights he chose to commute, which was either incredibly lucky or he has incredible intuition.

Assist Award: @bcb1213: Saving Swag from the poison on the night he received it.

Dynasty Player: @Dome: Dome is 3-0 in my Mafia games, sporting a perfect record (among players who have played in all three)

Sacrificial Lamb: @Malfatron: The only town player lynched the entire game. Yikes!

Most Enjoyable Player: @MWil23: Was fun to see him play around his negative ability as scum. He only required 3 votes to lynch and I felt this hurt the scum team by making them obvious but I think Mwil did a good job with his town-acting this game.

Last Scum Alive: @Nazgul: Succeeded in his personal goal of being the last scum alive. So yay, I think.

• Like 5