GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need Callaways speed on the field. I love Higgins and Jarvis, but Callaway helps take stress off of OBJ and what he can do.

I think, just to be on the safe side, you should rest him a little bit and work him back into game shape and maybe have him come out in week 6 ready to go. 

Just my opinion as a completely unbiased and impartial observer. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, N4L said:

GEORGE KITTLE is the best TE in the NFL. Wait until you see this guy block in the run game. He's basically gronk. That's our best pass catcher. 4.5 speed and a tenacious fire/motor 

Point taken on the WRs. I do really like deebo Samuel, our rookie 2nd round pick. Goodwin is a utility player and Pettis is super soft. 

Being scheme dependent is fine when you have an offensive play caller who is undoubtedly top 3 in drawing up plays. Kyle gets guys open

Kittle is a beast but he might be asked to help on Garrett more than be a true threat. Garrett might not have a great game but the other 3 guys can. 

I am interested to see how the 49ers fair with the Browns DL. It will be by far the best DL they have seen all year and vice versa.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

With the exception of adding Dee Ford, Nick Bosa and Kwon Alexander and having our starting safeties back (both were on IR last year)? :S That legitimately is a bizarre thing for him to say. 

I commented on this earlier, but yeah, the receivers are pretty much just there. They are all pretty similar and right now, just dudes. Obviously Kittle is the default number one receiver, but the actual receivers have some upside, but are young and not super consistent yet. 

The lack of a number one running back I'm not sure is an important point. Breida has the talent of one, but can't endure the workload. Breida averages 5.5 yards per carry, Mostert almost 6. Last year,  Breida was the league leader in yards per attempt for most of the season before getting hurt and still finishing 4th at 5.3 yards per carry. Mostert's career numbers are very limited in sample sizes, but 5.9 this year, last year 7.7, career number 6.7 on 75 carries. Obviously not sustainable, but he's certainly shown he can get the job done and can be highly efficient when running the football. So I don't think the lack of a Saquon / Zeke / Chubb is really hurting them. 

Bosa 1sack tied with Russell for sacks 

Ford is not even starting genius signing

Goodwin make your case for trading him straight for Calloway

Running backs are you saying they are better than Chubb because if you are you are the first person I have heard from

including my entire class of Monterey

Receivers I like are dbs of Carrie and Mitchell against any of your receivers come Monday.

P.S pleasure chatting with you

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Kittle is a beast but he might be asked to help on Garrett more than be a true threat. Garrett might not have a great game but the other 3 guys can. 

I am interested to see how the 49ers fair with the Browns DL. It will be by far the best DL they have seen all year and vice versa.

What are the odds they unleash Avery on the Edge all game orrrrr does Steve Wilks just not like him

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Bosa 1sack tied with Russell for sacks 

Ford is not even starting genius signing

Goodwin make your case for trading him straight for Calloway

Running backs are you saying they are better than Chubb because if you are you are the first person I have heard from

including my entire class of Monterey

Receivers I like are dbs of Carrie and Mitchell against any of your receivers come Monday.

P.S pleasure chatting with you

Right...okay...good luck to you on Monday....

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I think, just to be on the safe side, you should rest him a little bit and work him back into game shape and maybe have him come out in week 6 ready to go. 

Just my opinion as a completely unbiased and impartial observer. 

You should bench Kittle.

Just sayin....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well it could have been suspicion of a concussion and he didn't actually have one or maybe it was mild and his brain didn't suffer a contusion or any lasting effects.

To be taken out of the game he had failed a concussion test, to get back on he had to pass the test. 

Something happened to his brain. 

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

To be taken out of the game he had failed a concussion test, to get back on he had to pass the test. 

Something happened to his brain. 

Well he may have just screwed up some questioning. If I was given 5 words to remember and then went on to watch the game for 5 minutes I'd probably forget 3 of them and be put in the protocol. I could remember the numbers test but not just random things like Lemon, Chicken, Candle, Wagon, Saddle.

Admittedly I think I had some brain damage when I had the flu a few years ago (I lost the ability to visualize which doesn't help in the memory game) but I could see other people having problems with that test who happen not to be able to visualize (1-3% of the population has Aphantasia) or just happen to have a bad memory.

They always err on the side of caution, or are supposed to so just because you are in protocol doesn't mean you definitely were concussed. I'd lean towards that being the case with Landry over completely recovering in less than 5 days.