Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Where are they getting COVID from? Mayock and co. really need to crack down on this. Other teams aren't having this issue still

It's everywhere.  People have it and aren't even aware that they are positive for it because they're asymptomatic.  People don't even test for it until they start exhibiting symptoms so they are just passing it around, believing they are COVID-19 free.  This whole thing is a shoot-show.  It cracks me up when people talk about how only people who don't wear masks and people who party with 20-100 friends in their home are the reason why its spreading, but then they go and order uber eats or pickup McDonalds on the way home.  It's going to keep spreading.  It's just like the flu.  We will most likely end up needing a yearly vaccine for it as well at this rate.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

It's everywhere.  People have it and aren't even aware that they are positive for it because they're asymptomatic.  People don't even test for it until they start exhibiting symptoms so they are just passing it around, believing they are COVID-19 free.  This whole thing is a shoot-show.  It cracks me up when people talk about how only people who don't wear masks and people who party with 20-100 friends in their home are the reason why its spreading, but then they go and order uber eats or pickup McDonalds on the way home.  It's going to keep spreading.  It's just like the flu.  We will most likely end up needing a yearly vaccine for it as well at this rate.

My friends in Vegas say it is pretty bad there.  They do not want to close anything down either.  Some parts of the country are just in denial.  If we get our act together we could be done with it in 6 months but not doing the right thing could allow it to last another couple years.  Hospital rates are going to lag this infection rate by a week and the death rate for almost 2 weeks.  Hopefully they will not spike also but in order for that to happen the demographics of the people getting positive tests would have to shift.  Some of it does have to do with the inaccuracy of the rapid tests also.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

I obviously understand all that, and admittedly I'm annoyed at how it's affecting the match-up, but again other teams are not having the same flare-ups we're getting. The majority of states other teams are in are more lax than Nevada. But from the multi-person charity events to Gruden's mask fines to Trent Brown already endangering the entire team once it screams of a culture that relies on excuses at the top.  These aren't struggling people who have to make morbid calculations to live day to day,  these are multi-millionares whose one job it is to follow protocols so they can keep collecting checks multiple families could live years off of. 

^^ Seems like the only player tested positive is Ferrell, the others are close contact. I have no idea why those players are and the rest of the team isn't or why no other team had to put so many close contacts on that list when 31 out of 32 teams have had players tested positive at this point.

9 hours ago, Dodo said:

I obviously understand all that, and admittedly I'm annoyed at how it's affecting the match-up, but again other teams are not having the same flare-ups we're getting. The majority of states other teams are in are more lax than Nevada. But from the multi-person charity events to Gruden's mask fines to Trent Brown already endangering the entire team once it screams of a culture that relies on excuses at the top.  These aren't struggling people who have to make morbid calculations to live day to day,  these are multi-millionares whose one job it is to follow protocols so they can keep collecting checks multiple families could live years off of. 

I agree.  It sucks.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Such a bummer. Dude is a monster. Time to look to the future and I hope that involves bringing back Good.

I believe Good has a place on this team, but if not, I think Simpson is ready.  Looked good when thrust into playing time.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Probably played his last snaps as a Raider. Don’t seen the point of brining him back next year

Disappointing for sure but if we're going to lose a guy for the season at least we have a starter calibre replacement in Good. Jackson is playing well now too so Good, Hudson, Jackson moving forward is very solid.