TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

WTF did Rudolph do to deserve an ejection?

Garrett body slammed Rudolph and then continued on the ground.  Rudolph grabbed his facemaskz okay Myles is allowed to be angry about that but what he did deserves a suspension for at least the rest of this season.

Pouncey went to battle for his QB, doesnt make his actions the correct ones. Deserves to be suspended more than 1 game.

Tried to rip Garrett's helmet off after the play was dead. Garrett came out the worst of the whole thing, and if I'm a Steelers fan I'm happy to see Pouncy & co react like that because your QB is your QB, but if that's not a QB trying to initially pull someone else's helmet off and pursuing them after getting off the ground, they also get ejected after the brawl

• Like 1

Mason escalated things - he's by no means innocent, but nothing warranted with Garrett did. Absolutely disgusting. He could have seriously hurt Mason. It only takes 1 good hit to the head to potentially kill someone. You never know with head injuries. He's lucky Mason is fine and that there aren't cops outside the locker room. This could have been FAR worse. Myles should consider himself lucky if he only gets suspended for a year. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He's not wrong.

Garrett acted in a POS way, no doubt - probably the dirtiest hit I've seen. But Rudolph absolutely provoked him.

I dunno, thats like defending someone that got pushed then retaliated with clubbing the guy the pushed him over the head with a weapon. "But he provoked him"

• Like 1

Just now, The LBC said:

Garrett's lucky he wasn't playing 15 years ago.  Some of those "old school" OL from even just back in the 90's would have felt fully justified in breaking his arm or leg in the scrum for assaulting their QB in the manner Garrett did.

Hahahaha! Okay wait...hold up...at what point, in the 2000's, did a player retaliate against another one by purposely breaking their arm or leg?

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

He had him waist-wrapped from behind and, to me at least, I believe the play was being blown dead there and Garrett still decided to wrestle him to the ground and then spent some extra time on top of Rudolph.

Rudolph, very likely, said something and ran off at the mouth while Garrett was on top of him (I won't speculate, but I can think of at least one thing that would likely set someone like Garrett off like a powder keg - I'm sure other people can imagine what that is and we don't need to discuss it here).  Garrett flat out assaulted Rudolph in what ensued and he's lucky to not have police outside the locker room waiting for him with handcuffs for assault with a deadly weapon charges, regardless of whether Rudolph was gravely injured or not.  Excessive emotion is no defense where the law is concerned.  It's definitely possible that Mason was "asking for it," but there's no justification that he was asking to be justifiably assaulted with a weapon.  This is akin to a guy trying to pick a fight he shouldn't and the guy he's picking a fight with pulling out a knife and stabbing him or picking up a brick and smashing him upside the head.

No da would even consider prosecuting that. Any millionaire lawyer would destroy this in court. On camera the victim is attempting to attack my defendant your honor. My defendant only had one hand free to defend himself cause the teammate of the victim had him held up. Oh and by the way. My client was descalating the situation backing up when the so called victim rushed him again. 

....i mean, sure, ok, rudolph provoked him. if garrett had given him an extra shove, hell even thrown hands i'm sure we'd all be talking about how it wasn't a great move but not a huge deal. swinging a goddamn helmet at his head is not even in the same stratosphere. a couple inches difference and you're talking about killing the dude.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Trash post

Garrett could have killed him. What the hell did you see justify Rudolph getting hit there?

Again when you dead trying to justify why somebody went crazy on you it's to late. Just dont start ish unless you are ready for the worst possible scenario.