Fire Freddie

mtmmike

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

bitonio and tretter up the middle are good vets....  robinson is servicable.  right side is atrocious.

Good isn't good enough. You need a trendsetter, someone who will come in and take ownership of the OL - on and off the field.

Just now, mistakey said:

Lol what does this even mean. 

It means go find a Larmey Tunsil.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/25/lt-laremy-tunsil-leading-example-texans/

Larmey Tunsil - the LT - is a great pickup. Larmey Tunsil - the mentor to two rookie OL and guy who was named a Team Captain by his coaches and teammates after 60 days with the Texans organization - is worth double the picks given up for him.

That's the real value to Tunsil, the leadership and mentorship he's bringing to the OL. He's teaching the guys how to prepare, watch film and get game day ready, and it's probably the only reason guys like Scharping and Howard developed the way they did during this season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Good isn't good enough. You need a trendsetter, someone who will come in and take ownership of the OL - on and off the field.

Hey et thanks for the posting last year

About Barkley

Now if tom Coughlin is willing to coach the browns due they improve 

Give me Riverboat Ron in 2020. He's the perfect guy...player's coach who holds everyone accountable while setting the trend for professionalism. Proven to be successful/proven to help build a team. Personally, I think that the Panthers were dumb to fire him, but that's just me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Personally, I think that the Panthers were dumb to fire him, but that's just me.

New owner wants new blood.
And Tepper hinted that old school was old and that his desire for analytics and modern NFL methods were a part of the decision
Rivera is a good HC and a leader of men...he's a good fit for what CLE needs

31 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

New owner wants new blood.
And Tepper hinted that old school was old and that his desire for analytics and modern NFL methods were a part of the decision
Rivera is a good HC and a leader of men...he's a good fit for what CLE needs

To me guys if Rivera takes a head coach job it is probably Chicago. 

ESPN already speculated this point

My gut feeling is Rivera has gotten phone calls from teams willing to turnover personnel decisions thus making that place more desirable than

Cleveland 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Give me Riverboat Ron in 2020. He's the perfect guy...player's coach who holds everyone accountable while setting the trend for professionalism. Proven to be successful/proven to help build a team. Personally, I think that the Panthers were dumb to fire him, but that's just me.

Ron was basically maxed out in Carolina. I'm a Falcons fan, so I've seen quite a bit of Panthers games. The Panthers are the classic "good, competent team you respect, but you don't fear." In the NFL, you want to be feared. If you aren't feared, it's just a nice way of saying that you're mediocre. They were never going to be relevant under Ron Rivera ever again.

You say he's successful, but he's only had 3 seasons with a winning record, in about a decade. With a talent like Cam Newton? That's a serious red flag.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah this team needs Ron

He would command respect from all players which I think is his biggest upside and provide stability so we can quit the clown show in every press conference 

The other name dropped was that Josh McDaniels would be 'very interested' if the Browns job came available. Not sure how I feel about him compared to the established tack record of Rivera or McCarthey