Who have we interviewed/ requested interviews with

hornbybrown

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We will have gone the hot name OC route...(Freddie)

...and then the retread HC AND hot named coordinator route (McDaniels)

...so why not try the college coach route? We haven't since Butch...it's time to do so again.

Then I hope they take Manny Diaz from Miami so at least only one of my teams has a garbage coach.

10 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

Could be a couple of things.

First can he coexist with Gettleman in NY?  Same with the Panthers I don't think they fired their GM.  Washington had Rivera locked up before the playoffs.

So it could be that, or it could be that some owners don't want him around with what he did to the colts.  It could also be a similar situation to Bill B.  He failed in Cleveland.  Resigned with the Jets and went to the Patriots.  Could it also be that McDaniels agent (who is friends with Haslam) was saying to Owners you can interview josh but it is either he goes to Cleveland or stays in NE

All reasonable points.

Quality post.

6 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Well, the idea is that Josh will want more alignment with the front office, meaning he'd want his GM in place or someone he is close to and trusts. This is likely his last crack at a HC position and I'm sure he wants to put himself in the best position possible to succeed.

That rules out the Panthers (Hurney), Giants (Gettleman), and Cowboys (Jones) who already have GMs in place.

Only team that had a vacant GM opening was the Redskins who swiftly hired Rivera as their HC. I don't think those teams passing on McDaniels is any indication at all of the person McDaniels is, rather, they just weren't good fits at this point in time.

Very logical points.

Nice Strong post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Baker. And I'm a Daniel Jones supporter pre and post draft. He's good, but Baker is a superstar QB in time. I still believe he turns it around and becomes what we thought he would be before this season.

I think you and I were the only ones in here that said don’t be surprised if Jones would turn out to be the best of the draft. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think you and I were the only ones in here that said don’t be surprised if Jones would turn out to be the best of the draft. 

Yeah I never understood the hatred. Same with Josh Allen. Both were on atrocious teams and led a group of absolute bums to success. Jones was a very good prospect. 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I never understood the hatred. Same with Josh Allen. Both were on atrocious teams and led a group of absolute bums to success. Jones was a very good prospect. 

I liked Jones. Just thought he was drafted too high.

I like Allen as well... I just wanted nothing to do with him as the #1 pick.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We will have gone the hot name OC route...(Freddie)

...and then the retread HC AND hot named coordinator route (McDaniels)

...so why not try the college coach route? We haven't since Butch...it's time to do so again.

Because that would risk us taking the time to interview various successful established Program/Culture Builders which would mean less time for pants tingles while ignoring DePodestas suggestions.

Plus there's no way on earth some of those college coaches have NFL ties; no way on earth they can get the locker room respect better than Freddie; no way they can figure out the rocket science of how to coach football in the pros even if they've been coaching future nfl players their entire adult lives.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

If Josh McDaniels is the clear best Head Coach candidate everyone makes him out to be why did the Panthers, Washington, Giants, and Cowboys hire a different coach.

Could it be quite possibly that the information they gathered suggested he had issues of leadership?

Passing on Stefanski makes sense due to his resume but passing on McDaniels "amazing resume" should tell people something.

possible

also possible that they knew he was either going to stay in NE or come here

I'm telling folks.....that thing he did last year with with the Colts has turned a LOT of owners off....their memories are short, but not that short. Billionaire's HATE to be made to look ridiculous....Men in their positions cannot afford  to look ridiculous... 

916227114.png?resize=509,356&ssl=1

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm telling folks.....that thing he did last year with with the Colts has turned a LOT of owners off....their memories are short, but not that short. Billionaire's HATE to be made to look ridiculous....Men in their positions cannot afford  to look ridiculous... 

916227114.png?resize=509,356&ssl=1

I have to admit that this did cross my mind.  What if the owners with vacancies were just giving McDaniels an interview knowing they would never hire him just to retaliate for the Indianapolis incident? It's far fetched but in theory, the owners could have collaborated with each other and said "Let's mess with McDaniels and let him think he has a shot at a Head Coaching job" and in the end,  he is still not a Head Coach.

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I hope you're right and we stay far away from Napoleon McD, but while the billionaire owners are in a collective, they also made their stacks by practicing no holds barred capitalism where you stick it to the competition to dominate your industry no matter what. Little Josh will get his chance again somewhere, I just hope it's not here.

• Like 1