Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Not that it’s being offered, but hypothetically would you accept this for Kirk?

could a #8 and our #14 pick become Zach Wilson...?

along with other compensation presumably, but could that deal be made?

Edited by vike daddy

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Theoretically, yes. If you use the draft value chart 8 and 14 should be enough to get up to the 2nd pick. 

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

other than the team holding #2 might want Wilson for themselves....

Didn't they want Cousins almost as much as we did?  Might they overpay for him if he were included in a deal for the #2 overall?  Package our 1st this year, Cousins and ?

• Like 1

I say we let the trio run for two more seasons, then the Wilfs can slam the door if they want.   Financially, it could make sense to trade Cousins and have some other team eat the salary, but whats the opportunity cost?

In Cousins case, you're paying for curve intersection, right?    Production vs years of experience vs price tag vs age.   For instance, Russell Wilson has won the big game, but Cousins hasn't yet how do they stack up statistically?    The wins and losses differ, and to Wilson's benefit, he had the Legion of Boom and Beast Mode.   Wilson's salary hamstrings Seattle more than Cousins does, doesn't it?  

We don't need a perfect storm for the Vikings to win the SB, maybe we do?   The right play call here or there, minimal injuries . . . And players continuity.   Cousins has that on offense, so don't break up this band just yet.   Rather, add some juice where needed. 

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I think that would be a good deal for the Panthers and the Vikings.

4 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

And there is Cousins, a tier behind the elite. And wow, A. Rodgers is off the chart (literally). 

The weird thing about that is it appears that they think A-Rodg actually significantly overachieved based on how he played.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

DVOA also had Kirk at 10 this year. Everything I've seen shows that Kirk was truly a top 10 Quarterback last year. But media pundits who base "wins" and "eye test" above all else don't seem to agree. Hmm.

13 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

DVOA also had Kirk at 10 this year. Everything I've seen shows that Kirk was truly a top 10 Quarterback last year. But media pundits who base "wins" and "eye test" above all else don't seem to agree. Hmm.

Top 10 even with a horrible start to the season

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 11:27 AM, vike daddy said:

That's the dream scenario I keep thinking about too, VD.  It would be a great turn of events for the future of the Vikings.  The question is, would Spielman and Zimmer feel confident enough to make a move like that, or are they feeling enough heat to be in 100% win-now mode?  The other thing is, there might be more attractive offers than #8 and #14 (although Rick could add more to sweeten the deal). 

Edited by Uncle Buck