Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

A little surreal anecdote to share: 

Background, my apartment is about two blocks east of Century Link Field (Seahawks Stadium). They have been discussing turning into a field hospital. My "shelter in place" jog takes my down past and around the stadium. Today, the hotel on the north end of the stadium had pure white school buses parked in front of it. Odd, but whatever. Then I see groups of three fatigued up boots wandering around. There was about 15-20 soldiers walking the perimeter of the stadium. 

Anyway, wasn't "movie"esque (no flood lights, and pop up tents yet), but very disaster movie-ish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Yeah this was brought up a few pages ago.  Australia's population density is skewed because there are large parts of the country (i.e. the middle) where almost nobody lives 

I would imagine the population density in the places people actually live (like New South Wales) is probably pretty similar to Europe and North America.  Given that's where the people are and that's where the cases are, that would be a better way to look at it

Its the same deal with the US... if you look at the total people / total area we are one of the less dense developed countries, but a lot of Americans live in places like New York and Chicago and Dallas and LA where population density is not any lower than it is in cities in Europe, so the fact that we have big chunks of land where nobody lives in Alaska is irrelevant to how quickly this will spread 

I posted metro density numbers for Sydney and Brussels a few pages back. It’s not even close. Brussels and other European metro areas are far more densely populated than any metro areas in Australia.

For the record the U.S. doesn’t have a city in the top 50 globally for population density.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/07/11/the-50-most-densely-populated-cities-in-the-world/39664259/

Are daily white House press conferences for the virus really necessary? I mean not much changes in a day... At some point it's just going to be the president coming to the podium saying "yes it's still here, no you can't come out, go away and leave me alone"

52 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Are daily white House press conferences for the virus really necessary? I mean not much changes in a day... At some point it's just going to be the president coming to the podium saying "yes it's still here, no you can't come out, go away and leave me alone"

we all know why they're happening daily 

• Like 4

idk, there are enough dummies out there still saying this is blown out of proportion or a hoax... STILL

if they skipped a day giving a Whitehouse presser I have no doubt some of those people would use that as evidence that we’re all being fooled 

I don’t really watch them, just hit up news outlets for the recaps, but I don’t have a problem with them constantly confirming that it’s still an issue 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I’m reading The Stand now and it’s making me more and less paranoid 

I’m trying to read all of Wikipedia 

picking a topic each night and reading pages/clicking down the link rabbit hole each night until I fall asleep

been hitting up the Wild West/Indian Wars the last couple night...

Last night I found out a group of about 2 dozen natives once got their sentences reduced for attacking a small army detachment when they told the judge they thought they were attacking Mexicans, not Americans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I’m on a 3 week bender

Same....

I also charge all my alcohol sales to my work account and it comes out of my check

so my boss knows exactly how hung over I’ve been every day I come in

dont care 

• Like 1