Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

A little surreal anecdote to share: 

Background, my apartment is about two blocks east of Century Link Field (Seahawks Stadium). They have been discussing turning into a field hospital. My "shelter in place" jog takes my down past and around the stadium. Today, the hotel on the north end of the stadium had pure white school buses parked in front of it. Odd, but whatever. Then I see groups of three fatigued up boots wandering around. There was about 15-20 soldiers walking the perimeter of the stadium. 

Anyway, wasn't "movie"esque (no flood lights, and pop up tents yet), but very disaster movie-ish.

I've always said absolutely no good comes from those buses. They pick you up and take you to basic training then to any mass appointment that you don't want to attend but have to. In the rare event I see one, it's taking me to a physical fitness test.

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

My drinking is almost exclusively tied to sports so it's way down for me. Probably minority though. 

Same.  Most of my drinking happens during the middle of baseball season until halfway through football season.  Also, when I have cookouts or people over.  It's been more than a couple weeks since I've last had a drink, and I don't even have any beer in the fridge currently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I really don’t understand how people believe COVID-19 could be seasonal.

Because other viruses like COVID-19 are seasonal and the hotspots are all in temperate winter climates 

Fauci and Birx think this will be seasonal

• Like 2

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: The third and final thing that I think gets back to the question that many of you in the audience have asked of us, is about: Would this possibly become a seasonal cyclic thing? And I’ve always indicated to you that I think it very well might.

And the reason I say that is that what we’re starting to see now in the Southern Hemisphere — in southern Africa and in the Southern-Hemisphere countries — is that we’re having cases that are appearing as they go into their winter season. And if, in fact, they have a substantial outbreak, it will be inevitable that we need to be prepared that we’ll get a cycle around the second time.

What does that mean for us and what we’re doing? It totally emphasizes the need to do what we’re doing in developing a vaccine, testing it quickly, and trying to get it ready so that we’ll have a vaccine available for that next cycle. In addition, to do the randomized controlled trials of drugs, so that we will have a menu of drugs that we have shown to be effective and shown to be safe. Because I know we’ll be successful in putting this down now, but we really need to be prepared for another cycle. And what we’re doing, I believe, will prepare us well.

• Like 3