Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

EF is normal to my knowledge, I have been without their 'life vest' for some time now.

Never hurts to ask but if it myocarditis from an infection that has cleared and the HF was acute, you shouldn’t really be at any higher risk.  

You could always call your cardiologist and ask them if they noted any damage or if you’d be at any increase risk just to air on the side of caution. They’d know more as it relates to your specific condition than the telehealth docs would.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Cuomo now saying 'apex' will be the end of April in New York 

I think that's probably a realistic date for most active number of cases, which is a little different from the apex of new infections or deaths, which I still think is likely to come in the next two weeks as Cuomo has said and White House is also saying 

New York should be a couple weeks behind Italy, and Italy will likely hit their peak # of active cases within the next week or two.  I think the 6,557 new cases reported on March 21st may very well end up being the highest daily total although you never know for sure because there is noise and they may retroactively go back and add a bunch of cases (like China did when things started to slow down)

I hope those nipple rings never hit their apex!

Obviously one day #s can be misleading.  That's why when we calculate the MoL we look at several day trailing averages. 

For China, the peak in new cases (+ lag for testing) is probably around 2/3 - 2/7.  Italy is somewhere between 3/20 and 3/28.  I think its appropriate to be conservative there and say it may be a few more days before the # of active cases begins to fall.  But I'm fairly confident we will see an apex in the next week or 10 days.

The more interesting question IMO is

We've done a very good job flattening the curve in some other metro areas like San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, etc. compared to New York or the European capitals or Wuhan

So what happens?  Are we going to get case #s there under control just as quickly a la South Korea and we can start to ease lockdowns nationally, or is it truly just going to be a flatter curve and they will have similar peaks but in May?

Hopefully the former not the later but we'll see

#seasonality 

@TLO

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Never hurts to ask but if it myocarditis from an infection that has cleared and the HF was acute, you shouldn’t really be at any higher risk.  

You could always call your cardiologist and ask them if they noted any damage or if you’d be at any increase risk just to air on the side of caution. They’d know more as it relates to your specific condition than the telehealth docs would.

I appreciate it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES @JoshstraDaymus 

Considering how badly this virus impacts respiratory function, I would think any conditions that reduce cardiac output would be considered high risk, but IANAD. 

My dad has pretty bad HF with low EF and I've been telling him to stay quarantined as much as possible.

Right, but this is why I’m talking about acute vs chronic HF.  If it was acute, his cardiac function may be fine now.

Either way, stay tf away from people, regardless of health tbh.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What should they do, tell people it’s ok and dandy? It’s a lot worse than expected. That is at least agreeable. 

Tell people facts, how about that?  That is not agreeable depending on who you listen to, I saw everything from we are all dead to everything is fine.  Zero media has been reliable during this thing. 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right, but this is why I’m talking about acute vs chronic HF.  If it was acute, his cardiac function may be fine now.

Either way, stay tf away from people, regardless of health tbh.

I am putting this into my routine post quarantine life as well. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Obviously one day #s can be misleading.  That's why when we calculate the MoL we look at several day trailing averages. 

For China, the peak in new cases (+ lag for testing) is probably around 2/3 - 2/7.  Italy is somewhere between 3/20 and 3/28.  I think its appropriate to be conservative there and say it may be a few more days before the # of active cases begins to fall.  But I'm fairly confident we will see an apex in the next week or 10 days.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=politics&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

51 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

National Guard or Army Corp of Engineers I assume prepping the area? Saw similar sites by me when they were setting up the testing site in central NJ, lot of Humvees.  

Apparently Air Force. Saw on the news that night. Turning the convention center next the stadium a hospital.