Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

We just got a positive test in our family for COVID-19.

I'm going into quarantine I think by the end of the week per my doctor's advisory.

Here we go boys.

Do this everyday. A few times per day

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can’t even imagine.  

In my line of work I’ve been around plenty of death, but usually there’s a chance for family to be with the person and say goodbye and grieve.  

I simply can’t imagine what these families and patients are experiencing.  Take care and if there’s anything I can do, even as some anonymous bro on the interwebz, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Right back at you my dude

• Like 1

My sister is a night nurse (hospital) that's considering a 21 day contract helping COVID 19 patients in NY City. She's young (mid twenties), healthy, no kids, and no immuno compromised. It's a big decision for her to make, but I'm proud of her for considering it.

• Like 4

4/7/2020 MoL Scores:

"Come here dressed in black now so so so it goes." - Taylor Swift

Today Wuhan opens back up and Italy might be on the way down 

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

South Korea: 1.8 

China: 2.0 (big day for China as Wuhan is officially opened back up)

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Australia: 2.9 (@Shady Slim a few days below 100 will get you guys into Tier 1, think you can do it?)

Austria: 3.3 (steady decline in active cases, they are getting there, I'd still like to see the daily case count consistently much lower but probably will be by the time these open-up measures kick in)

Hong Kong: 4.2 (active cases have plateaued for the first time since the wave of imported cases in mid-March and daily case numbers the last four days are really low... amazingly still only 4 deaths)

Switzerland: 4.8 

Italy: 4.9 (three really good days in a row for Italy, we're all pulling for them)

Israel: 7.4 

Netherlands: 7.5

Germany: 7.5 

Portugal: 7.8

Spain: 8.0 (as with Italy, three really good days, could be in a plateau situation for the next few days but headed in the right direction) 

Sweden: 8.2 (are there really any signs this is getting worse?  they get tier 2 status.  no signs of explosive growth here)

Iran: 8.3* (active cases have started to drop for the first time since this all started, tbh the MoL doesn't really turst these numbers though)

Philippines: 9.1 (if the president has you shot for violating a lockdown is that a covid death?)

Ireland: 9.9

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

Global: 11.1 (interesting to note practically all of Europe is now doing better than the global average, which is weighted down by US, UK, Canada, Japan, and the emerging economies)

Belgium: 11.6 (still a European laggard unfortunately, but the lows are lower and the highs are lower)

USA: 13.6 (dropping like a rock, lets go!  see state by state for more detail)

UK: 14.0 (same with the UK, they are really showing some positive signs the last few days)

Canada: 14.5 (and Canada as well, nice to see the three amigos tracking so closely, but of course USA is #1)

Brazil: 15.8 (really not a ton you can get from these numbers yet)

Japan: 15.8 (on the one hand cases keep going up and Japan looks ready to introduce more restrictions but on the other hand, MoL is starting to fall again and we aren't seeing explosive growth...)

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Turkey: 18.4 (I'm not going to promote to tier 3 after their highest case number ever today, but MoL continues to drop due to momentum... which is appropriate tbh... they dont have a ton of testing so if they ramp that up could keep them in the high teens for a while)

France: 24.2 (another weirdly high day that's likely a result of changes in reporting criteria or weirdness in how they are reporting the data, I think they are slowing and will be back in Tier 3 tomorrow or the next day)

India: 24.6 (falls into the category of who TF knows)

USA State Level MoLs

MoL-4720.png

Universally positive trends across the hardest hit states (New York, Louisiana, NJ and Michigan); getting a little worried about Delaware as a potential hot spot and some of the other northeastern states are hanging in the high-teens, low-20s likely as an after effect of New York running its course

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul and the others who love us so much

I would tag Webby as well, who makes this all possible, but I do not want to get banned

@TLO

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Not 100% satisfied with the explanation, but appreciate the 40,000-foot explanation and understand if you want to keep your formula "proprietary."

Any chance you could include North Carolina and South Carolina in your State numbers moving forward?

Of course we can

Maryland is falling in this, and yet our Governor (who has been ahead of this since the start) is saying we have our peak in a week.  I guess he is being pessimistic with what he is telling everyone to keep them indoors.  The numbers don't add up to what he is saying. 

• Like 1