Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm done hijacking the thread, but does your avi have to do with a particular Texans GM?

Or, let's say another pretty important person? Haha

No not really. I just like King Hippo. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll have mine paid off in a year and a half I believe. I'm gonna be pretty aggressive with them now and try to get them paid down quickly.

Economically speaking, I think your best bet is to get a 2 year degree at a community college and then move on to something bigger if you want. I find it silly to call college debt "theft" since its not a requirement for one to work at some capacity.

Well, maybe the taxes are theft...

I completely agree.  Paying university rates for English 101 is asinine.  Same goes for paying to live in a dorm. I’m encouraging my boys to stay at home as long as possible and save their money.  

Do what you can at a CC and then transfer.

As far as the Northeastern tuition, call it whatever you like, but I don’t think anyone would say that opening campus and then expelling kids for doing what every able brained human in the country knew kids would do on a college campus is right or decent.

It’s just another example of people in positions of authority not wanting to make important decisions so they pass the buck.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All of these articles make me want to leave me phone at home

How trust worthy are the numbers? It seems like a lot of estimating based on areas that a lot of people returning to having an increase in the number of cases and not based on actual positive cases directly linked to it.  I suppose until they have contact tracing that's all they can do

That is a lot of people though

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

All of these articles make me want to leave me phone at home

How trust worthy are the numbers? It seems like a lot of estimating based on areas that a lot of people returning to having an increase in the number of cases and not based on actual positive cases directly linked to it.  I suppose until they have contact tracing that's all they can do

That is a lot of people though

I’m sure it’s a ton of estimating, but it shows how one irresponsible act can have a pretty tremendous ripple effect.

The crazy thing is, the whole thing could have been relatively safe had people just been reasonable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

How is the cost of schooling controlled or do the universities set the price at whatever?

In other nations, people don't believe in propping up corrupt corporations that will charge an exorbitant amount for a basic feature in the developed world to 70% of the population so that 10% of the population can make a pittance in investments with that corporation.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 4:57 PM, rackcs said:

The solution was to not open up campuses in the first place. The students absolutely share much of the blame but these colleges knew what was going to happen, they knew that it would spread. So instead of just shutting down in the first place they opened things up. Inevitably they're going to have to shut down again. Now you're going to have college students coming to college, being exposed to the virus, and then being sent back home, further spreading the disease. The decision to reopen was entirely about money and it's disgusting to me.

yep. we're doing our best though. ;) https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-about-ann-arbor/2020/09/07/university-of-michigan-graduate-employees-to-strike-calling-for-safe-campus/