Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

University of Maryland had one of their shuttle drivers try to get two students to wear mask and kicked them off when they refused. The students then threw rocks as the bus drove away and busted one of the windows. Instead of backing up the driver and punishing the students, the UMD Department of Transportation (or DOTs as it is known) told the driver it was his fault and he shouldn't have tried to enforce the mask mandate despite it being the law. This is just the latest in a long line of reasons why "**** DOTs" is a popular saying on campus. Seriously, **** DOTs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwAg said:

In other nations, people don't believe in propping up corrupt corporations that will charge an exorbitant amount for a basic feature in the developed world to 70% of the population so that 10% of the population can make a pittance in investments with that corporation.

Are you calling the schools corrupt corporations?

Otherwise I dont know why you replied to me

18 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are you calling the schools corrupt corporations?

Otherwise I dont know why you replied to me

No, I’m calling private lenders predatory corporations, who have engaged in a campaign to ensure that tuition is artificially-inflated and not addressed by legislation, to create such an industry and maintain it.

Meanwhile, universities are simply corrupt entities.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No, I’m calling private lenders predatory corporations, who have engaged in a campaign to ensure that tuition is artificially-inflated and not addressed by legislation, to create such an industry and maintain it.

Meanwhile, universities are simply corrupt entities.

Ok carry on then

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

not the best news but it's honestly somewhat reassuring to me at this point that they're actually doing the necessary due diligence here.

Hadn't thought of that until you said it - you're right, good to know they're not checking boxes without validating items such as this.

That's my fear with this.

• Like 1

From what I understand, it could be a pile of nothing. It's one person out of tens of thousands. Yes, one person is a big deal but they could've eaten a bad batch of fish and chips and got sick (not pertaining to this instance). It's a necessary precaution but seemingly nothing to get too concerned about just yet. If more cases of transverse myelitis come up, yes, much bigger deal. 

Then again, I've proven I know nothing so I'm surely wrong. Carry on....

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

not the best news but it's honestly somewhat reassuring to me at this point that they're actually doing the necessary due diligence here.

Hadn't thought of that until you said it - you're right, good to know they're not checking boxes without validating items such as this.

That's my fear with this.

If a company gives out a vaccine and there are any safety issues, the lawsuits stand whether the FDA gave approval or not. So as much as the government's behavior may not be ideal, the risk:reward equation on lying hasn't changed. That's good news.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If a company gives out a vaccine and there are any safety issues, the lawsuits stand whether the FDA gave approval or not. So as much as the government's behavior may not be ideal, the risk:reward equation on lying hasn't changed. That's good news.

Translation:

Guys, don't get a flu shot. They're innately unsafe.

source.gif

54 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Looks like India doesn't seem too concerned about that incident in the UK pertaining to Oxford's vaccine:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/impact-on-india-covid-oxford-vaccine-trials-serum-institute-ceo-astrazeneca-adar-poonawalla-1720131-2020-09-09

Good news regarding the Oxford vaccine:

Oxford vaccine trial pause won't have impact on Indian trials: Serum Institute CEO - India News

"Adar Poonawalla added, "The reaction that has been reported is not directly linked to the vaccine. The person who has had the reaction had an existing neurological condition. During a vaccine trial such events are common place."

That's the important part right there 
  • Like 1