2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Matt LaFleur was extremely excited about this pick. I think he may have tired of Rodgers after one year. I give Gute and LaFleur credit for this pick. Can't wait until we get Rodgers first tweet! 

why ink Rodgers to the huge deal a few years ago?  why restructure Rodgers in 2019?   Seems like some things are not lining up well with this.  

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Favre was 35 when they took Rodgers and Favre looked washed in the NFCCG against the Giants.  Rodgers is 36 and didn't look good in the NFC Championship game.

Yeah but - did the salary cap exist back then?

AR's contract:   Potential Out: 2022, 4 yr, $125,770,000; $17,204,000 dead cap

Thats a steep price to pay!

Just now, squire12 said:

why ink Rodgers to the huge deal a few years ago?  why restructure Rodgers in 2019?   Seems like some things are not lining up well with this.  

Murphy is running the show, period. 

Can you think of a better way to improve our team than lighting a fire under Roger ***. The only way we would compete with Frisco next year is with improved quarterback play. It's been passed around on this forum for months. What better way to improve the team immediately and in the long run than to get a quarterback.

• Like 2

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

I like it better than the Gary pick last year if it’s any consolation 

They trashed two 1st round picks in a row.   We don't want to win SB's.  Their goal is to try and remain not terrible.