1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think he'll be as good of a passer as Aaron Rodgers, but I won't be surprised if he's more successful.

Yep, there are limitless ways Love could fail to match Rodgers statistically yet achieve more championship success...

He could wind up having much better Packers defenses through his tenure in Green Bay. He could not have a backup tight end fumble away an NFCCG securing onsides kick. He could play at the same high level regardless of the stakes of the game instead of playing the latter half of his career with a gun shy, death grip on the ball when the game is played in January. He could have a vital roughing the passer penalty called in his favor late in a playoff shootout. He could show up for optional team activities every year he's in Green Bay and easily adapt to consistent roster turnover. He could have his elite blindside tackle not miss both playoffs in his 3rd and 4th MVP seasons.

More simply put, there are so many circumstances beyond one player's pure ability that affect future outcomes. And the chief one being nothing more than dumb luck.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 6

Not having a QB who consistently holds the ball while hunting big plays is the single biggest difference I expect to see next season.  To me, that is one of the biggest variables in a Rodgers/Love comparison.  Rodgers preference to go off-script been debated ad nauseam in the forum, but I am really looking forward to seeing Love run the offense as designed.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised lazard picked a year of Rodgers on a team with more wr talent over multiple years with Love. Does he not know Love is the best QB in the NFC or did he not get offered a deal from GB?

I don't think we offered him anything.  He kind of hinted at it at the end of last season.  He held out a little bit from signing his tender and seemed hurt that a new deal couldn't be done.

It's too bad we really didn't have the cap room to make a deal for him happen.  He's done more in the NFL with less than most WR's that I can remember.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Probably a good time to look up the Vegas odds for the Packers winning the SB or NFC North and make a bet. Time to put my money where my mouth is. J<3 is that dude! 

15 to 1 to win the NFC. I saw it last night on NFL.com The Lions are like 8 to 1 and the best odds in the NFC North. 

EDIT: Lions might be a little bit longer odds than 8:1 but there were better than the Packers. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Probably a good time to look up the Vegas odds for the Packers winning the SB or NFC North and make a bet. Time to put my money where my mouth is. J<3 is that dude! 

You can just give me $100 and I'll kick you in the nuts.  Same result.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised lazard picked a year of Rodgers on a team with more wr talent over multiple years with Love.  Do we think he got offered a deal from GB?

Probably not.  But I also think there's probably a strong chance that he's WR2 by the end of the year if not before then.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Serious question, Is Love officially the starter now?

I am not getting on this one until it crosses the finish line

Shhh… people don’t realize Gb is trying to get 13 so they can package 13 and 15 to get one of the QBs in this year draft.