2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

54 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Marvin continues to disappoint. Easily a late second or 3rd round pick. 2019 Marvin never showed up in 2020. DT class is so gross. Good luck finding one that you don’t have to overdraft 

Its a position you rarlet get production from year 1 too. 

Maybe Gregory Rousseau to a 3tec could be an option. Needs to put on atleast 20 pounds of weight. 

Carlos Basham could be an interesting 3tec too

15 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Maybe Gregory Rousseau to a 3tec could be an option. Needs to put on atleast 20 pounds of weight. 

Bashman is C.Ferrell clone. Guy that can set the edge in run support but will be better suited moving inside on passing downs. 

I think depending on FA and the guy they can bring in I would expect Ferrell to play inside a lot. 

Gregory is an interesting prospect cause of what he did in 2019 , but like u mentioned in another post is that some of his best reps did come inside. He’s super raw, but has great arm length and potential. I’m a bigger fan of J.Phillips 

• Like 1

I apologize if someone beat me to the punch, but I’m officially on the Zaven Collins train.

in the 4-3 under, a lot of emphasis is placed  on the SLB to be multiple... Set the edge, cover TEs and rush. Zaven would be a huge difference maker for us at this position. 

On passing downs, move Ferrel inside and put Zaven on the edge.

Throw money at L Williams and draft a safety in the second. Boom, we have a respectable defense.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Marvin continues to disappoint. Easily a late second or 3rd round pick. 2019 Marvin never showed up in 2020. DT class is so gross. Good luck finding one that you don’t have to overdraft 

Marvin never really impressed me tbh, I never got the 1st round hype around him. I'd take a chance on Tufele or Barmore in the 2nd if they're there. 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:38 PM, 101Raider said:

I apologize if someone beat me to the punch, but I’m officially on the Zaven Collins train.

in the 4-3 under, a lot of emphasis is placed  on the SLB to be multiple... Set the edge, cover TEs and rush. Zaven would be a huge difference maker for us at this position. 

Throw money at L Williams and draft a safety in the second. Boom, we have a respectable defense.

I’m all aboard the train as well 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 AM, 101Raider said:

John Johnson 3, Leonard Williams, and Zaven Collins. Add a difference maker at all 3 levels. 

On 1/29/2021 at 2:18 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Really loving this 2nd/3rd tier at WR. We should try to land one in the 4th/5th for the future.

I think Powell will be a guy that maybe doesn't show out his first year or 2 but once he acclimated will be dangerous. Wouls love him in Silver and Black. At Clemson his first few years he was here or there. But last year and more so this year he was a monster. Has speed and good ball skills but he is a really powerful individual. Kind of reminds me of Anquan Bolden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

I think Powell will be a guy that maybe doesn't show out his first year or 2 but once he acclimated will be dangerous. Wouls love him in Silver and Black. At Clemson his first few years he was here or there. But last year and more so this year he was a monster. Has speed and good ball skills but he is a really powerful individual. Kind of reminds me of Anquan Bolden.

What's your take on Jackson Carman?

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

John Johnson 3, Leonard Williams, and Zaven Collins. Add a difference maker at all 3 levels. 

Is it possible to get Johnson and Williams while keeping Agholor? I don't think so. Unless you'd rather upgrade on D and take a chance with the rookie receivers, which COULD also work.

If we do that though, we need to spend another pick on a depth WR or sign one.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is it possible to get Johnson and Williams while keeping Agholor? I don't think so. Unless you'd rather upgrade on D and take a chance with the rookie receivers, which COULD also work.

If we do that though, we need to spend another pick on a depth WR or sign one.

Does Carr need Agholor? I can't get my head around it with some posters. If Carr is this top tier QB as touted, he should be able win without Agholor. But I have a strange suspicious he backslides without him as a target. 

I say invest in defense but I worry the offense takes a big hit without  Agholor. 

It's becoming more and more likely that Micha Parsons drops due to off the field concerns.  If he is there at 17, do you take that risk?  

He's an alpha.  That dog we need on defense.  Problem is his character and we are in Sin City. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does Carr need Agholor? I can't get my head around it with some posters. If Carr is this top tier QB as touted, he should be able win without Agholor. But I have a strange suspicious he backslides without him as a target. 

I say invest in defense but I worry the offense takes a big hit without  Agholor. 

I personally am not worried about Agholor.  Ruggs production per target is pretty much the same as Agholor with the exception of TDs.  If we are letting TW go and not resigning Agholor we do need another starting WR but a WR like TW would be a better investment than Agholor.  I would stay away from OBJ and go after a WR more like an Allen Robinson.  Don't have to spend $20 million but that style of WR.  It is not a popular opinion but I would rather try to restructure TW with injury protections.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, OnlyGlove said:

Not a good idea to have players change positions during COVID-19 NFL seasons.  Besides, G. Rousseau is probably going to be a really good DE.  I'd rather just keep him there and let him produce for us.  We need a real, legit DT.