2021 Draft Talk

swede700

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Just for discussion, the average offensive tackle broad jump is around 8 feet, 6 inches with a standard deviation of slightly less than 7 inches.

Three standard deviations away from the average... crazy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This tackle class is kind of crazy.  I just don't see a huge difference between Christensen and Radunz compared to the higher ranked prospects.  Christensen is a straight up bulldozer when run blocking.

6 hours ago, Freakout said:

This tackle class is kind of crazy.  I just don't see a huge difference between Christensen and Radunz compared to the higher ranked prospects.  Christensen is a straight up bulldozer when run blocking.

There is something to that, but only if one does not include Sewell into the mix.  He is head and shoulders above any other OT in the draft and no one is really close to the same level as he is.  Slater is up there really high as well but Sewell is longer and more powerful.

Radunz and Christensen could be great pros though no question, but Radunz is gone by the 2nd round and Christensen with this workout could be climbing pretty high as well.  I think his teammate Herring on the other side at RT was pretty good as well.

Are these pro-day numbers becoming more difficult to trust and the season goes?   In looking at OTs, DEs and WRs, it feels like there are 20 guys in each group posting better numbers than past combine numbers, by far.    So, all of a sudden, to me anyway, the number of quality guys you'd normally rank in the 15-35 range jumps from 10 or 15 to ~40.   Does that mean the Vikes will get 2nd Rd caliber guys in the 4th?   

Its like the legendary 40s of Vernon Davis, Mark Fields and Clowney are just eh, things of the old days.    I'm glad I don't have to dig through tape this year . . . Its like the political races out there . . . 

One trade down in the 1st, then up into the 2nd.

19. Christian Darrisaw OT,
51. Wyatt Davis IOL,
78. Tommy Tremble TE,
90. Dyami Brown WR,
125. Jaylen Twyman IDL,
134. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE,
157. Richard LeCounte III S,
168. Justin Hilliard LB,
199. Simi Fehoko WR

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

One trade down in the 1st, then up into the 2nd.

19. Christian Darrisaw OT,
51. Wyatt Davis IOL,
78. Tommy Tremble TE,
90. Dyami Brown WR,
125. Jaylen Twyman IDL,
134. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE,
157. Richard LeCounte III S,
168. Justin Hilliard LB,
199. Simi Fehoko WR

That would be great to get both Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis.  Would love Tremble and Twyman along with Dayo.  LeCounte has star potential and Hilliard is very good also.  Dyami I like as well would be a great draft if they could swing all those picks.

Yes I believe so. Mac Jones value goes up if 4 QBs are gone in the top 4. So if the Vikings want to trade back they are in a better position for the Steelers, Washington, etc to trade without involving future 1sts. If Mac goes in the top 10 then that's just another skilled player dropping . It's not a huge deal for the Vikings but 4 or 5 QBs going early provides Vikings more flexibility. 

• Like 1