2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

he can throw it far, yes. But it's just very noticeable when a guy has a "live" arm, where the ball just zips out effortlessly with a flick of the wrist that you see from the elite passers like Mahomes and Rodgers and Wilson. Ball just looks kinda sluggish from Fields from what I saw.

Could very well be. I didnt see any of the above QBs throw in college and I'm allowing that they probably came into the league with things to work on.
The good ones - do - and give themselves a shot at being great. The good ones that dont - stay good - but level off.

I make no claim to know which Fields is or will become. I'll wish him the best - till he's playing us.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Could very well be. I didnt see any of the above QBs throw in college and I'm allowing that they probably came into the league with things to work on.
The good ones - do - and give themselves a shot at being great. The good ones that dont - stay good - but level off.

I make no claim to know which Fields is or will become. I'll wish him the best - till he's playing us.

even Jordan Love. Absolute lightning release/arm.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

even Jordan Love. Absolute lightning release/arm.

Good. Hope so. I've only seen highlight videos......so relying on the GB talent evaluators and hoping for the best.

Add on note - if we can pull this off..........have something of a seamless transition to another "franchise" QB w/o that crash & burn period of years - that speaks very well of the organization in my view. Could almost make a fan feel proud.

Edited by Leader

On 12/31/2020 at 7:28 PM, HeresAGuy said:

Bakh injury might have just kicked OT to the top of the pile for round 1 if it wasnt there before

While DL is still probably #1 for me, OT is a close second. Seems like guys are recovering from ACLs a lot better these days but would be nice to have some insurance if something like this happens again. Would be pretty excited to see a line of Bahk/Runyan/Jenkins/Turner/1st round OT. Even better if we resign Linsley and slide Jenkins back to LG. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

While DL is still probably #1 for me, OT is a close second. Seems like guys are recovering from ACLs a lot better these days but would be nice to have some insurance if something like this happens again. Would be pretty excited to see a line of Bahk/Runyan/Jenkins/Turner/1st round OT. Even better if we resign Linsley and slide Jenkins back to LG. 

Exactly, and dont discount what Stepaniak and maybe even Hansen can do with another year in the oven.  Get a right tackle and we are square for awhile

21 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Exactly, and dont discount what Stepaniak and maybe even Hansen can do with another year in the oven.  Get a right tackle and we are square for awhile

We've got two: Billy Turner and Ricky Wagner.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We've got two: Billy Turner and Ricky Wagner.

I don't necessarily have a strong opinion either way and he has been solid this year but do you see Turner as our RT for the next 4-5 years? I guess that would be the determining factor on whether we use a high draft pick on a tackle. I also think resigning King or not would clearly affect that. 

I believe there's two more games that dramatically affect the top of the draft order: Texans and Eagles

Texans AND Eagles Win
1.) Jacksonville Jaguars
2.) New York Jets
3.) Atlanta Falcons
4.) Cincinnati Bengals
5.) Detroit Lions

Texans Win AND Eagles Lose
1.) Jacksonville Jaguars
2.) New York Jets
3.) Atlanta Falcons
4.) Cincinnati Bengals*
5.) Philadelphia Eagles*