2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

On 4/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   The more I think about it, the more Teven Jenkins seems like a very boring, very perfect pick for Green Bay. Good player. Right position. Freak athlete. Simple.

Absolutely nothing boring about Clark Kent going Superman on the opposing DL. I would love a Teven Jenkins pick. 

JenkinsT19mug.jpg

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 1

Dunno if it's been mentioned in here, but Devonta Smith measuring 6 feet and 166 pounds is a thing. He's obviously a gifted player, but that puts him in rarefied air when it comes to BMI among wide receivers. Only five guys in history have played at a similar mass, and the only one with any kind of resume is Todd "Alligator Arms" Pinkston.

... Outside chance he falls to #29?

5 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned in here, but Devonta Smith measuring 6 feet and 166 pounds is a thing. He's obviously a gifted player, but that puts him in rarefied air when it comes to BMI among wide receivers. Only five guys in history have played at a similar mass, and the only one with any kind of resume is Todd "Alligator Arms" Pinkston.

... Outside chance he falls to #29?

I would be surprised, but it’s possible and do expect him to drop a bit (16-25). He’s small, and doesn’t have elite physical traits. 6’1”, 4.5, 166.... I wouldn’t take him top 15 and I really like him as a player. The reality is guys like him don’t become top 10 wrs.

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I would be surprised, but it’s possible and do expect him to drop a bit (16-25). He’s small, and doesn’t have elite physical traits. 6’1”, 4.5, 166.... I wouldn’t take him top 15 and I really like him as a player. The reality is guys like him don’t become top 10 wrs.

You do have to be careful of the John Ross type receivers, who only need a blade of grass bent the wrong way to injure themselves.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You do have to be careful of the John Ross type receivers, who only need a blade of grass bent the wrong way to injure themselves.

For sure

I do have more faith in Smith over the Ross/Austin etcs since he does win with route running, while the undersized twig built burners fade quickly.

I see Smith more as an Emmanuel Sanders/Greg Jennings potential wr. Good, but not dominant enough to justify a top 15ish pick (Similar to Juedy last year)

Edited by pacman5252

18 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Absolutely nothing boring about Clark Kent going Superman on the opposing DL. I would love a Teven Jenkins pick. 

JenkinsT19mug.jpg

Watch what he does on the play right after minute-mark 5:45. Just bulldozes his man straight out of bounds...

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Watch what he does on the play right after minute-mark 5:45. Just bulldozes his man straight out of bounds...

I have noticed Jenkins falling in a few mocks here recently. If he is there at 29, sprint that card to the podium. I had a lot of fun watching this kid's film. He would be perfect at RT.

35 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I have noticed Jenkins falling in a few mocks here recently. If he is there at 29, sprint that card to the podium. I had a lot of fun watching this kid's film. He would be perfect at RT.

I think we trade up for him if Indy passes on him.

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Preparing for the fallout when Gute takes Loves backup QB in the 5th round in advance of Rodgers departure next offseason.  💣 😳

Doubt it. I think we grab a UDFA or sign an Andy Dalton/Nick Foles type who can start in a pinch if Love sucks.

Edited by Joe

2 hours ago, Haha21 said:

The Bears will scoop him up at pick 20 :( 

I'm thinking Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas -- the last OT worth a darn on day 1 (or 2)

Edited by James Lofton