Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

The special thing that Jamaal Charles did was have a very high ypc while mostly getting the ball between the 10s and avoiding short yardage carries by game plan. That is how he was 'underutilized'  If you think that > Priest Holmes '01-'04 was then enjoy. 

Robert Smith was pretty in the late 90s in Minnesota too (Leroy Hoard got the grunt work)

It does mean Charles was not a very good running back. He just was no Priest Holmes.

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The special thing that Jamaal Charles did was have a very high ypc while mostly getting the ball between the 10s and avoiding short yardage carries by game plan. That is how he was 'underutilized'  If you think that > Priest Holmes '01-'04 was then enjoy. 

Robert Smith was pretty in the late 90s in Minnesota too (Leroy Hoard got the grunt work)

It does mean Charles was not a very good running back. He just was no Priest Holmes.

Ignoring previous arguments, statistical data and strawman fallacies. 

Im not surprised youre still going though so bravo

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I want to believe this but seems like a stretch that he would only have 29 or whatever drops in 17 seasons.  

Not to mention "drops" is a very subjective number that varies from person to person based on how they perceive it to be. Which is largely why they vary so much between site to site. 

I've always liked Fitz tho. I feel likes the last of a dying breed. He's the personification of a stand up, loyal guy and only plays for the love of the game and not for money. But that quote seems very far-fetched.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember the “Jared Goff is Peyton Manning” thread?

I'm guilty of it myself. I bought into the hype, but it was hard not to considering he progressed every season, won a NFFCG on the road, and went to a Superbowl by his 3rd year.

When the opporunity came to give him more control over the offense, we saw who he really was. Too many things needed to be right for him to succeed (running game, game planning, McVay in his ear, no presnap shifts). His decision making was also a cause for concern, but hey, fun while it lasted.

• Like 3

It’s just strange that the Rams talent level is dropping fast due to tossing away draft picks and paying huge premiums for 3 players (1 being Goff’s exit) but somehow Stafford will be great with that talent level.

Secondary gutted

O-line questionable

RB issues

These WRs are not the 2018 Rams WRs.

DC left for the Chargers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

It’s just strange that the Rams talent level is dropping fast due to tossing away draft picks and paying huge premiums for 3 players (1 being Goff’s exit) but somehow Stafford will be great with that talent level.

Secondary gutted

O-line questionable

RB issues

These WRs are not the 2018 Rams WRs.

DC left for the Chargers

t’s just strange that the Rams talent level is dropping fast due to tossing away draft picks and paying huge premiums for 3 players (1 being Goff’s exit) but somehow Stafford will be great with that talent level.

Secondary gutted- Returned top two corners. New addition at slot CB

O-line questionable- Lost Blythe. Lack of depth. This is a valid concern.

RB issues- Easiest position to replace in football, as we saw with CJ Anderson.

These WRs are not the 2018 Rams WRs.- You're right. Theyre better. We added Desean Jackson and Van Jefferson is going to make a jump.

DC left for the Chargers. This one hurt me, but Raheem Morris and McVay go way back. Theyre on the same page and the players love him. There was always going to be a drop off though considering we finished the seasons #1.

You are going to see the Mac Jones 2021 passer rating compared to Tom Brady 2001 all year long.

Context is key. The league average passer rating in 2001 was 78.5 so Brady's 86.5 was 6th best in the NFL and 3rd best in the AFC. We call that pro bowl level.

The league average last year was 93.6. The 6th best was Brees at 106.4

86.5 would have been 27th best last year.

In 2008 the league average was 83.2 and Rodgers was 6th best and 3rd in his conference at 93.8

In 2012 the league average was 85.6 and Wilson was 4th best and 3rd in his conference at 100.0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Giving the Chiefs the grade of 5th best roster in the AFC is certainly a unique position to take.

There's a few really bad positional rankings there for us. Like, even if they count Jones as an edge, I don't see how a Reed/Nnadi/Wharton interior DL is rated that low. They must really hate the rookies for where they have the OL and LBs on there, as well. They have Mathieu/Thornhill/Sorensen rated below the Eagles as a S corp. Just some weird ones there.