Browns General Discussion

candyman93

21 minutes ago, DawgX said:

That's very depressing to know that Kamerion Wimbley has been our second best pass rusher since coming back over 20 years ago.

Bro, wimbley and b oshinawo will be better than ngata together. 

Next year we had the stella of the draft in brady Quinn, franchise qb. With abs.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Bro, wimbley and b oshinawo will be better than ngata together. 

Next year we had the stella of the draft in brady Quinn, franchise qb. With abs.

It still hurts my soul to this very day knowing that we gave Ngata to Baltimore essentially for free.

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

That's very depressing to know that Kamerion Wimbley has been our second best pass rusher since coming back over 20 years ago.

Stat wise he is. But ability level he isn’t. Miller and Brown were easily better pass rushers. Injuries just ruined their career with the Browns. Miller was All Pro in ‘01 but then had the Achilles injury

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

We can’t have nice things. We broke good players like Jamir Miller, Lecharles Bentley, etc. Heck, Wheelie Winslow cracked his motorcycle, missed much of two seasons, then started preying on Betty White’s friends. Gary Baxter tears both patella tendons at once? 

Real motley crew in this thread of bad to average players that are up the list as most accomplished in our era. Guys like Myles don’t come around often, hope he has a good insurance plan. 

• Like 1

I like Kevin Stefanski.  So much potential for successful balance on this offense. Look forward to seeing if the playcalling and personnel utilization looks like last week. Good playcalling using those backs, tight ends, and timely shots to WRs and a QB that just doesn’t screw things up should yield success. At least on offense. I don’t know where to start with the defense. Regardless the scoreboard and inability to stop teams, within reason, we have to stick to the ground game. If we just air it out 60 times per game like the Bengals did against us last week, we will set back the development of our quarterback and offense in general.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I like Kevin Stefanski.  So much potential for successful balance on this offense. Look forward to seeing if the playcalling and personnel utilization looks like last week. Good playcalling using those backs, tight ends, and timely shots to WRs and a QB that just doesn’t screw things up should yield success. At least on offense. I don’t know where to start with the defense. Regardless the scoreboard and inability to stop teams, within reason, we have to stick to the ground game. If we just air it out 60 times per game like the Bengals did against us last week, we will set back the development of our quarterback and offense in general.

As far as the defense I think you try to bend but don’t break as much as possible and if that’s not working and teams are able to march right down the field, dial the aggressiveness to 10 and see if you can force a mistake.

We’re gonna have to play sound football though as we sure as hell don’t have the talent to compensate for mistakes.