Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 years in a row we are going to feel like a new team in one way or another  

2020 the stephanski era

2021 a new defense

2022 a big roster over haul. I cant see us keeping both jarvis and obj, and then chubb, teller, clowney, billings, takk, anthony the lb, ronnie harrison, njoku could all be gone.

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

3 years in a row we are going to feel like a new team in one way or another  

2020 the stephanski era

2021 a new defense

2022 a big roster over haul. I cant see us keeping both jarvis and obj, and then chubb, teller, clowney, billings, takk, anthony the lb, ronnie harrison, njoku could all be gone.

On defense, I think we keep Clowney, Anthony, and Ronnie.

On offense, I have no clue what we do.

I know we talked about it a lot after the JOK pick, but here are the numbers to back it up. Nickel is the new base defense (65% of snaps last year) and dime is seen more often than old base.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He really should have taken the restructuring and played out that last year and then hit FA next year with the increased cap.

He would have seen a lot of single blocks and time to get to the QB.

Also, the Vikings gave him $3.6 million for one year. I find it hard to believe that we didn't offer more than that. I think Sheldon's pride got in the way of his decision-making.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Also, the Vikings gave him $3.6 million for one year. I find it hard to believe that we didn't offer more than that. I think Sheldon's pride got in the way of his decision-making.

Or maybe he just likes playing for the Vikings more 

Seems that every article I read or broadcast I listen to/watch about our DB, there is a ready litany players names mentioned that does not include AJ Green.

Does anyone know a reason in addition to his big UDFA contract to expect anything good from this guy?

37 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Seems that every article I read or broadcast I listen to/watch about our DB, there is a ready litany players names mentioned that does not include AJ Green.

Does anyone know a reason in addition to his big UDFA contract to expect anything good from this guy?

The db room got crowded all of a sudden, jj3, newsome, the return of the tigers. Naturally he is going to be crowded out of the spotlight. 

What was telling last year was that robert jackson got snaps over him. He was a very poor player. With just a slightly deeper db room we win an extra game or two last year.

Speaking of our dbs, I am very optimistic about ward this year, he wont be able to ignore as much due to the all around quality l. Also if newsome comes a long quickly l, we will better be able to match up, newsome taking taller guys and ward taking quicker guys or vice versa. 

22 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Speaking of our dbs, I am very optimistic about ward this year, he wont be able to ignore as much due to the all around quality l. Also if newsome comes a long quickly l, we will better be able to match up, newsome taking taller guys and ward taking quicker guys or vice versa. 

does the size matter, Ward has rarely been beaten by bigger WRs.