Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Nice topic, 

For beer- Old Rasputin Russian imperial stout, left hand nitro stout. Guinness if I'm being basic.

Drank- Bulliet bourbon, makers mark, chevas, or scotch on rare occasion. 

Buffalo Trace is solid

Edited by TJM217

I haven't found a better whiskey than Basil Hayden's. Easily my favorite.

When I'm not drinking beer, it is always an Old Fashioneds, or BH on the rocks. 

The only exception is pre-gaming before MNUFC games, where it is just shots of whatever is available. YOLO.

• Like 1

Any other gin drinkers?

And before you say gin tastes like pine needles, know that it's only cheap gin that tastes that way. Gin has the same range as tequila where the cheap stuff is undrinkable, and the good stuff is easy to sip. Go find yourself a good gin and tonic make with good gin, and good tonic syrup (Not tonic water. Most tonic water tastes like feet). 

On 7/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Summer has been really mild here. It's like in the 70s and raining today.  But when it's hot I like tequila, straight or mixed. Mexican beers with lime and/or hot sauce (try it). And vodka with lime juice on ice. 

I'm intrigued. Love Negra Modelo (not just in the summer tbh). Just a dash of hot sauce?

10 hours ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I'm intrigued. Love Negra Modelo (not just in the summer tbh). Just a dash of hot sauce?

Yep, or the guy below me has the right idea too.

10 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

3-5.jpg

Hot sauce or this stuff is pretty good w/ a Modelo. 

17 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Any other gin drinkers?

And before you say gin tastes like pine needles, know that it's only cheap gin that tastes that way. Gin has the same range as tequila where the cheap stuff is undrinkable, and the good stuff is easy to sip. Go find yourself a good gin and tonic make with good gin, and good tonic syrup (Not tonic water. Most tonic water tastes like feet). 

We've got this pretty small distillery a couple blocks away from us that makes an amazing gin.  It's so easy to drink on it's own or makes for a great gin and tonic, especially when it's hot out.  

28 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

We've got this pretty small distillery a couple blocks away from us that makes an amazing gin.  It's so easy to drink on it's own or makes for a great gin and tonic, especially when it's hot out.  

I've found small distillery gin to be the best. My favorite, and the one that got me started on gin, is St Augustine Distillery's New World Gin. Fantastic stuff.

We have a distillery in town that only does gin. Their tasting room is a speakeasy. It looks like a tailor's shop where you walk in, and you have to ring a bell. A slot on the door slides open, they look you over, and then let you in. It's all 20's inside. The gin is really good, but what really sets them apart is the tonics they make in house. Amazing drinks from the bar. 

• Like 1