2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

17 minutes ago, Northland said:

Personally I really don't think it matters  re who we draft.  A 25 year sample size of mediocrity and futility says we will still be all sizzle and no steak.  

Thats the way the NFL is built. Teams should only be superbowl caliber once every ~30ish years.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats the way the NFL is built. Teams should only be superbowl caliber once every ~30ish years.

I"m not angry about it.  Just tired of dedicating time to such a franchise.  This year is a once in a lifetime aberration with covid and all of the injuries.   I'll put it to you this way.  In baseball I'm a Dodgers fan.  Always have been.  Finally saw them win after a 32 year drought.  Prior to this year, despite their success my attitude was always so what when fans would say hey we've won x number of division titles in a row or went to the World Series 2 years in a row.  So what?  What did you win?  That is going to be my attitude moving forward with the Cowboys.  We drafted so and so.  We signed this free agent.  We retained one of our own.  We are the off season champions.  This is the year. So what?  Excuse my cynicism if I have heard it before.  Go out on the field and show me something.  I'll believe it when I see it.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, but when he is sitting he also not getting paid while accruing heavy fines. Those fines, I believe, are no longer forgivable by the franchise. 

I am pretty sure there are no fines unless he signs his tender. HE could wait until week 10, sign, and then show up without any fines.

14 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

He looked a lot better last season than this season thus far. Maybe it’s the late practices. Not sure, but he looks different than last year.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s an NFL talent without a doubt, but his stats aren’t eye popping.

That's unfortunate. It would be really nice to have a dominant DL prospect available in the draft, but there doesn't seem to be a Chase Young/Joey Bosa type this year.

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That's unfortunate. It would be really nice to have a dominant DL prospect available in the draft, but there doesn't seem to be a Chase Young/Joey Bosa type this year.

I’m telling ya, Micah Parsons is the guy. He isn’t just a strict off-ball LB. Guy was a DE and Penn St utilized multiple times as an edge guy. 

• Like 2

Payne is in Bruglar's top 12....

12. Kwity Paye, edge, Michigan (6-3, 271)
Paye was my top-ranked senior prospect in August and that hasn’t changed (and I don’t expect it to before draft weekend). Equally effective versus the run and the pass, the senior launches out of his stance and creates movement with his energy and pop at contact. Paye is an innately motivated competitor who will start in the NFL for a long time.

Payne has 4 TFL and 2 sacks thru 3 games.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t believe there is one, no. Paye isn’t nearly on Bosa’s or Young’s level. Not by a longshot, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Payne is in Bruglar's top 12....

Payne has 4 TFL and 2 sacks thru 3 games.

Against some very poor competition, and they still lost two of those games. The more important test will be how well he performs against Wisconsin and Ohio State. If he plays well against them, then my opinion my change. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I’m telling ya, Micah Parsons is the guy. He isn’t just a strict off-ball LB. Guy was a DE and Penn St utilized multiple times as an edge guy. 

No thank you.

At the end of the day, even if he's a good situational pass rusher, that's not a legitimate fix to the defensive line issues. And while I agree he is a stud LB prospect, the value just is not there. Sewell and Surtain would be easy picks for me over Parsons.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, WizardHawk said:

I would be surprised if Lawrence or any QBS are in play with their top pick. There have simply been too many signals indicating otherwise. Not saying they shouldn’t be doing a lot of homework on TL and Fields, or that they shouldn’t be considered, I just don’t think they pull that trigger. 
If I had to bet a paycheck and they do manage to get #1 overall (or 2 or 3) I’d bet on them taking the king’s ransom and rebuilding the defense and OL.

If they get the number one pick I would be shocked if they don’t draft Lawrence. If he’s as good as Elway as a prospect which most scouts say yes then you don’t pass that up. 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, Tony7188 said:

I saw you mention this a couple times. I ignored it because I got your point and I also wanted to be nice to Jeff Heath. But...

Jeff Heath is Alan Ball to me. I’d rather watch this team go 0-16 than to miss him.

Jeff Heath another interception for the Raiders today....

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Jeff Heath another interception for the Raiders today....

He also plays behind a highly talented safety which was selected with a premium pick...

It's amazing what happens when you have a real GM and coaching staff who invests in the safety position.

Edited by Tony7188