TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Who cares what else he has to say at this point about Bears. He made his point known already and even though I side with him on a lot of what he said he wasn't nearly anywhere close to his former dominant self when they let him go.  The move was best for both sides. All the best to Long with his next team

Who cares what you think, like I said I'll be interested to see what else he has to say.

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Who cares what you think, like I said I'll be interested to see what else he has to say.

Eh take it easy meng...wasn't bashing you for making that comment.  Just saying we already know what Long thinks of this regime and like I said even though I agree with him on certain points it isn't exactly uncommon for a long tenured player like he was who got released under a GM & HC that didn't draft him to make salty comments towards them.

The exact same thing happened between Urlacher and Phil Emery and with countless other players/organizations around the NFL throughout history.  

NFL players have really big egos so its not exactly surprising when they feel bitter about things not going their way

Let's be real...Long probably also thinks Phil Emery and Marc Trestman are great football people for having drafted him.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

Packers have now extended Clark and signed Jones to a 4 year deal within the last 5-6 months.

Dammit. They're deep at RB....which is scary.  Williams won't cost much so if they can sign him then they are looking at Jones, Dillion, and Williams on their depth chart.  This is bad news for us at ILB/S.

We should re-signed Gibson and add ILB depth.  

@Uncle Buck

RE: Jaguars FA

In first wave they are taking Carlos Hyde, RRH, Phillip Dorsett, Jihad Ward, Chris Manherz ...

This is not good. 

RRH wouldn't have even made Bears team in 2021 and I would have cut him 2 years ago.

I guess they are all good athletes, but they are under performers and you know who they are.  

I would not be happy were I a Jaguars fan.  But I am not happy as a Bears fan either.

I should be a Vikings fan.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

@Uncle Buck

In first wave they are taking Carlos Hyde, RRH, Phillip Dorsett, Jihad Ward, Chris Manherz ...

This is not good. 

RRH wouldn't have even made Bears team in 2021 and I would have cut him 2 years ago.

I guess they are all good athletes, but they are under performers and you know who they are.  

I would not be happy were I a Jaguars fan.  But I am not happy as a Bears fan either.

I should be a Vikings fan.

the first part is just not true. the second part is dumb

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@Uncle Buck

This is not good. 

There's an empty seat on the ship if you want one.  :D

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

There's an empty seat on the ship if you want one.  :D

If I move out of Illinois I am adopting the closest team and never looking back.

Everyone is moving to Tennessee.   Might be a Titans fan.

I think half of Illinois already moved there.   Probably going to vote the place into Illinois and then be mad about it.

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If I move out of Illinois I am adopting the closest team and never looking back.

Everyone is moving to Tennessee.   Might be a Titans fan.

I think half of Illinois already moved there.   Probably going to vote the place into Illinois and then be mad about it.

That's what I was afraid of.  I've considered moving to Tennessee too.  I love it down there.  I just couldn't get excited about the Titans because their uniforms are so ugly.  I can't wait to get out of Minnesota, but it's starting to look like there aren't any places to go to get away from Minnesota type voters.  :(