Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Anyone acting like they know how a certain QB is going to succeed in the NFL is pretty laughable. You think you're smarter than these GM's drafting players? 

As a Browns fan, from 1999~2017 the answer is a resounding yes...and not just at the QB position either.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If all we did was sit on our hands and never voiced our opinions on prospects than what would be the point of a sports forum?

I don't think anyone that talks guys up/talks down on players act like it's a certainty that they end up being what they think.

I agree with this and to prove this point i absolutely HATED Matt Ryan as a QB coming out and wanted nothing to do with him for the Falcons at pick 3.   I said give me Dorsey in round 1 and Brohm in round 2.  I thought Ryan was straight garbage and would be a wasted pick.  Well fast forward 10+ years later and he is easily the best QB of that class and has a outside chance to go down as the guy with the most yards thrown of any QB at the end of his career lol.  Even did enough to win the falcons a SB if not for his coaches failing him.   So that let me know right away i don't know crap about QB's XD    Which leads me to the next quote under this one.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Lance is much more similar to Kaepernick than Allen, imo.

I think the exact same thing and really don't like the idea of taking Lance at 4 because i don't see Kaep nor Lance's ability right now worthy of 4.   Now with that said like in the quote above us since Lance is the guy im so much against like i was Ryan when we took him.  That means Lance is probably gonna be the GOAT and prove me 100% wrong and the Falcons will probably take him to making me look even more dumb :D

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Get your name on the in the interview list I bet you'd nail er.

Y'all know that getting a job at that level in the NFL is mostly about who you know and how long you've been in the business. 

But holy hell, if someone like Jack Easterby can wrangle almost complete control of a franchise for himself, that doesn't speak very highly of the intelligence of the people who work in this league.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Y'all know that getting a job at that level in the NFL is mostly about who you know and how long you've been in the business. 

But holy hell, if someone like Jack Easterby can wrangle almost complete control of a franchise for himself, that doesn't speak very highly of the intelligence of the people who work in this league.

Definitely a ton of people employed in front offices who shouldn't be GM or otherwise. Don't disagree with you at all there just poking a little fun is all.

On 4/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, scar988 said:

Atlanta has failed because the 28-3 situation broke the spirit of the head coach and GM that built that Super Bowl appearance team. Wildly different reasons. Atlanta needed fresh leadership that hasn't been traumatized by Atlanta yet. Houston is just incompetent.

Atlanta failed recently because they started passing out lifetime achievement contracts like they were candy. Not only did that limit their flexibility but more importantly it shifted the team focus from the Brotherhood to everyone getting theirs.

I remember Devonta Freeman screaming to renegotiate his contract during Super Bowl week and thinking, "This will not end well."