Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Between KC getting Orlando Brown for what amounts to a pick swap a pick swap and Atlanta eventually getting a first along with additional compensation for Julio, the evidence is rolling in that proves Bill O'Brien is the dumbest human being ever associated with football.

We have banned members on this site that are smarter than BoB.

The Falcons won't be trading Julio. People are calling for him. they've called for him each of the last 3 seasons. And the Falcons have balked and will continue to balk. Even with the new regime.

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Less than this:

It'd have to be more than that. Even with a hamstring injury, Julio was on pace for another 1,400 yard season. His hamstring is doing fine now.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons won't be trading Julio. People are calling for him. they've called for him each of the last 3 seasons. And the Falcons have balked and will continue to balk. Even with the new regime.

It'd have to be more than that. Even with a hamstring injury, Julio was on pace for another 1,400 yard season. His hamstring is doing fine now.

He's 32 coming off a 9 game season and Matt Ryan's cap hit explodes to 48MIL in 2022. If you draft Pitts and pair him with Ridley, you're still a top 10 offense in PPG. 

With that said, teams no that ATL isn't negotiating from a position of power because if you wait until next season the return for Jones will be even less.

He's probably in the 2nd-3rd range. Maybe add in some late picks or a player of interest. 

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's 32 coming off a 9 game season and Matt Ryan's cap hit explodes to 48MIL in 2022. If you draft Pitts and pair him with Ridley, you're still a top 10 offense in PPG. 

With that said, teams no that ATL isn't negotiating from a position of power because if you wait until next season the return for Jones will be even less.

He's probably in the 2nd-3rd range. Maybe add in some late picks or a player of interest. 

From what's been out there, it's about teams calling in for Julio inquiries. Not the other way around. So, sorry, they're getting a first or he's staying. THat's how it'll work. 

And the cap is a joke. It's so easy to get around the cap nowadays.

23 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

So let's hear it, what is Julios value?

A 2nd? Player + 3rd?

You should be able to get a 2nd rounder for him I would think at least. Honestly, if I am Washington, I'm calling. 2021 2nd and 2022 4th. 

Can NFL teams take on more cap? Like take on what would hit Atlanta beyond the trade? That could help...

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

From what's been out there, it's about teams calling in for Julio inquiries. Not the other way around. So, sorry, they're getting a first or he's staying. THat's how it'll work. 

And the cap is a joke. It's so easy to get around the cap nowadays.

"Teams know of ATL's brutal cap situation" is a big part of that tweet from Rapaport. 

Maybe Baltimore would give up one of their 1sts for Jones, MAYBE. But I'd expect a 2nd to get it done given age and injury history. 

And you could get around Ryan's cap hit by restructuring or extending him, but it pushes dead cap out into future years. Is that something ATL wants to do? Probably not. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

"Teams know of ATL's brutal cap situation" is a big part of that tweet from Rapaport. 

Maybe Baltimore would give up one of their 1sts for Jones, MAYBE. But I'd expect a 2nd to get it done given age and injury history. 

And you could get around Ryan's cap hit by restructuring or extending him, but it pushes dead cap out into future years. Is that something ATL wants to do? Probably not. 

No one is giving up a first for a 33 year old WR....even Julio.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Depends on if they get a QB at 4 or not. They can also cut Ryan's cap hit down tremendously trading him next offseason, taking the massive hit and rolling with the new guy. There's more cap maneuvers they can do. they haven't even worked with Grady on his extension yet.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not.  Great player but doesn't fit our timeline.  We don't even have a QB to get the ball to him.

I'd actually be very inclined to think Fitzpatrick gets the ball to him. Plus you're talking this year and probably two more for Jones.