Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Cowherd brought up the idea of the Dolphins trading for Rodgers and I don’t think that’s a bad idea actually. If Miami has concerns about Tua then ship him to Green Bay with picks and make a run the next 3-4 years 

I love how Tua went from being compared to the next Drew Brees to now already being replaced with 1/2 of a season of NFL football under his belt.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Cowherd brought up the idea of the Dolphins trading for Rodgers and I don’t think that’s a bad idea actually. If Miami has concerns about Tua then ship him to Green Bay with picks and make a run the next 3-4 years 

Wilson and Watson were also mentioned as a destination for Miami and yet they say Tua is their guy. I think this is more media driven then anything it seems like Tua is what they want. GB also spent a 1st rd on Love so you now have 2 1st rd qbs in the 2020 draft, not really sure GB would want him and probably prefer more draft capital or a different positional player. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I love how Tua went from being compared to the next Drew Brees to now already being replaced with 1/2 of a season of NFL football under his belt.

I'm with you on this one.

Covid season rookie QB with a hip on the mend who went 6-3 with an 87 rating and an 11-5 TD/INT gets called a bust now.

I know an 87 rating is not good for a vet QB in 2020. For a first time player? Its solid.

Just because someone has an opinion does not mean its not a stupid opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Hey! I just noticed we're avatar bros now. Welcome the ME club!

Oh I've been in the ME club for a hot minute - my avvy is in conjunction with the release of Legendary Edition. 

I can't stop playing again...

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, SkippyX said:

I'm with you on this one.

Covid season rookie QB with a hip on the mend who went 6-3 with an 87 rating and an 11-5 TD/INT gets called a bust now.

I know an 87 rating is not good for a vet QB in 2020. For a first time player? Its solid.

Just because someone has an opinion does not mean its not a stupid opinion. 

I agree with both of you. 

I loved Tua last year as a prospect because I don't really try and pretend to have enough information available to me like the teams do, or the expertise needed to have an informed opinion. So I mostly looked at it as Tua has a decent history of injuries, and the hip was obviously a major one, all the media reports are saying his recovery went great and ahead of schedule so I'll leave it at that. I could understand teams may have had their doctors voice very reasonable concerns so I get making the call to select him in the first round as a GM is a different thing. 

But just off my evaluation, I thought he was the clear cut #1 QB. I thought he was a guy worthy of being drafted #1 overall based off talent (with the injury history, major injury and less than elite size it would have been tough to take him over Burrow, but he was talented enough outside of those things). I loved his accuracy, especially short and intermediate, I loved his ability to extend plays and buy time, I loved how much starting experience he had in the best conference in college football, I loved the clutch ability he displayed in college, I loved everything I read about his work ethic and leadership skills and how his coaches felt about him. I thought his arm was good, but not elite, but arm strength isn't that big of a factor for how I evaluate a prospect as long as it meets a bottom threshold for good enough to succeed in the NFL. He showed good anticipation and understanding for throwing guys open at times, but didn't get as many opportunities as most college QBs because his WR talent is perhaps the best I have ever seen in college 1-4. 

My main questions were the durability issues, lack of elite size, and the combination of the durability issues and how frequently he uses his feet to buy time and pick up hards especially because he doesn't have elite speed or quickness. 

Tua will be fine. The Dolphins are going to be a very competitive team this year. And Tua will take the steps to being a big part as to why instead of just being a neutral player. 

Honestly it would have been shocking if he came out firing with no mini camp, OTAs, training camp or preseason while learning a new offense and coming off a major injury. A lot of last years class gets a pass for me for however they played last year. The transition is hard enough but last years class faced challenges that made it the most unique and difficult transition for rookies in modern NFL history. Lets see what a more regular type of off season can do for these second year guys. 

Edited by Mr Raider