The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

I was re-watching the game specifically for Matt Pryor. I started to watch some Brandon Parker because a poster commented that he played well today (which was not my impression) Parker gave up three instantaneous pressures on that last drive. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I can't wait until he's off the roster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He just looks lost too much.

He's gotta go. At least as a starter. No chance in hell he deserves to be gifted a starting role in 2022. 

Ferrell his *** for all I care. He hasn't grown into his role at all. Same crap that plagued him at Alabama. Dude has zero situational awareness. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's gotta go. At least as a starter. No chance in hell he deserves to be gifted a starting role in 2022. 

Ferrell his *** for all I care. He hasn't grown into his role at all. Same crap that plagued him at Alabama. Dude has zero situational awareness. 

You gotta have some pride in your craft man. No reason to not improve. Deablo and Moehrig are playing really challenging positions and get better every week.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You gotta have some pride in your craft man. No reason to not improve. Deablo and Moehrig are playing really challenging positions and get better every week.

Exactly. 

Not to say that any position is "easy", but isn't RG generally considered the easiest position on the field based on responsibilities and such? 

He's hardly even good at that, much less RT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I was re-watching the game specifically for Matt Pryor. I started to watch some Brandon Parker because a poster commented that he played well today (which was not my impression) Parker gave up three instantaneous pressures on that last drive. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I can't wait until he's off the roster.

Parker needs to play on the left side r be on the bench.  I have no clue why we even use him as a backup on the right.  His technique is to slow and he just gets pushed back into Carr.  The two games we got to see him on the left he looked good.  I would try him at LG before I put him back at RT.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don’t think it’s an effort thing. By all accounts, he is a hard worker. Carr and a few others have commented on how much work he puts in. 

It’s more the mental lapses imo. He just doesn’t seem to have the capacity to be in the requisite focused mindset over a whole drive (let alone a whole game). He just doesn’t look comfortable with the mental aspects of the game - picking up the correct blitzes, recognising counter moves. If he doesn’t latch on immediately, he loses often. And this is in addition to those potentially game killing mistakes (like last night).

You can see why coaches want players like him - as when he does latch on, he can move anyone and in all the mess you can see some really dominant reps. So, you can kinda understand why the staff is willing to give him time in the hope he can learn the mental side.

Us fans are perhaps removed enough and long in the tooth enough to see that the more likely outcome is that he will always be a liability. But you never know. We’ve all been wrong many times before!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They also have the luxury of working with great coaches, Cable is terrible.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:01 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. 

Not to say that any position is "easy", but isn't RG generally considered the easiest position on the field based on responsibilities and such? 

He's hardly even good at that, much less RT

This is the really frustrating part really. At tackle you can forgive him a few mishaps as everyone knows that's tough plus changing sides but inside he's supposed to look at least competent. That is the major worry for me, highlighted by the consistent penalties too.

• Like 2