TNF GAMEDAY THREAD- WEEK 2: CIN vs. CLE

Johnny Nix

Who comes out on top?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes out on top?

• Browns
    • Bengals

Congrats Browns and Bengals on delivering an entertaining Thursday game with some good football.

I am very impressed with Burrow. He needs a better line though. That was the biggest reason he couldn't attack down field; too much heat. He's not one of those rare few who can lead a good offense with a miserable line, but with good protection he could be special.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Actually just did the math, Joe Burrow threw the ball 61 times on a average of 5 yards per completion. 5 yards.... five.

---Derek Carr has entered the chat.

----Alex Smith has left the chat

Unrelated question and then continue. When was Derek Carr and Alex Smith in this thread?  

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Congrats Browns and Bengals on delivering an entertaining Thursday game with some good football.

I am very impressed with Burrow. He needs a better line though. That was the biggest reason he couldn't attack down field; too much heat. He's not one of those rare few who can lead a good offense with a miserable line, but with good protection he could be special.

I actually thought he operated the pocket really all things considered, especially considering the absurd amount of times he was hit, he still stood in there and delivered. His mobility and ability to slip pressure helped on multiple occasions. If that was Dalton starting tonight there is absolutely no way this ends as a one score game.

Like you said, this line is downright miserable. I don't think there's a QB in the league that could thrive with it.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I actually thought he operated the pocket really all things considered, especially considering the absurd amount of times he was hit, he still stood in there and delivered. His mobility and ability to slip pressure helped on multiple occasions. 

Two games vs the Ravens and Steelers this year and also a trip to Washington coming up for Burrow...ouch. Trial by fire

7 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Two games vs the Ravens and Steelers this year and also a trip to Washington coming up for Burrow...ouch. Trial by fire

Yeah, it’s not a pretty slate of pass rushers. But according to PFF Burrow will have the 3rd easiest schedule remaining starting next week. So we have that going for us, which is nice.