2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I’ve just heard way too many anecdotal things about Parsons at this point. Concerns me that Bucky Brooks knows the family and expressed his concerns about him ever growing up. It would be so easy to talk about him turning a corner if you believe there’s even a chance he has.

Brooks isn’t one to normally raise flags.   His analysis is usually focused on the field.   Full video of his analysis in the first reply. 

Edited by Broncofan

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Brooks isn’t one to normally raise flags.   His analysis is usually focused on the field.   Full video of his analysis in the first reply. 

So, if "the only" thing Brooks is scared of is immaturity how bad can he really be? I've got a 68 YO sister that never grew up either and she's almost tolerable.

29 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, if "the only" thing Brooks is scared of is immaturity how bad can he really be? I've got a 68 YO sister that never grew up either and she's almost tolerable.

Bad enough that there’s concerns about him? Pretty sure the team does not want an Isaiah Wilson and Parsons already has history.

33 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Haha there is a point to this.  However, I think Juju and Claypool in Pitt are great examples.  Both still young and can grow, but their immaturity is an issue.  I was actually shocked Pitt even gave Juju an offer.  He’s been a negative influence on Claypool and Claypool has a chance to be one of the top 5 WRs in this league.  I’d have wanted Juju as far away as possible. 

46 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

If it’s just a trait that doesn’t translate to problems, I think everyone would agree.   As @broncos67 alluded to, he’s had his share of problems.   If he hasn’t learned from those, well I get the concern.  

I’m not going to rule him out simply because I don’t have the info.   The FO’s will have a lot more.  If they pass on him I won’t bag on them, nor will I hammer them for picking him if they get him.  I don’t think the concern can be dismissed outright, though.  This is the lying season - so that’s always possible.  But it is notable when a guy like Brooks who knows the player speaks up - and it’s not his usual MO.   So keep that in mind.    

The whispers from multiple sources aren’t enough for me to write him off. We’ve been down this road too many times to pass judgment without the entire picture - either way.  But that also means it would be unwise to dismiss them, either, especially if it’s from reputable evaluators who don’t usually go this route (and not the only one).  

Edited by Broncofan

Lot of good discussion about Parsons and the risk/reward but are we not missing the elephant in the room? There are allegations of actual anal rape in the Isaiah Humphries story. It’s easy to miss but it says “put his penis on and IN the buttocks”. That’s rape. While joking about Jerry Sandusky. That is ******* insane.

And hey...maybe none of it is true. Maybe. But we should be clear about just how bad some of the smoke is. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Right now I'm on the train rooting for a trade up (if possible) for Zach Wilson. Know there are some who hold out hope on trading for Watson, but it actually seems if you're going to have to pay big for a QB, why not just give the ransom to the Jets and let them try to trade for the troubled Watson. 

• Like 1

Personally I’m hoping they fall in love with Justin Fields. I think there’s some overthinking going on with him and it reminds me a little of Watson in 2017. Every rookie QB has a steep learning curve, every single one of them. A lot of things guys aren’t asked to do in college become misconstrued in the draft process as things they can’t do. He has the production, the pedigree and superstar traits. I don’t think there’s any way this team picks in the top 10 next year. And I think it’s rare that a guy like Fields wouldn’t be considered QB1 or QB2 in a draft. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Personally I’m hoping they fall in love with Justin Fields. I think there’s some overthinking going on with him and it reminds me a little of Watson in 2017. Every rookie QB has a steep learning curve, every single one of them. A lot of things guys aren’t asked to do in college become misconstrued in the draft process as things they can’t do. He has the production, the pedigree and superstar traits. I don’t think there’s any way this team picks in the top 10 next year. And I think it’s rare that a guy like Fields wouldn’t be considered QB1 or QB2 in a draft. 

I'm coming around especially since new England likes him 

It won't take long on draft day to find out what the NFL thinks of Parsons. 

I just saw the results of his pro day. He tests like a combine freak, unbelievable numbers for a guy his size but unlike 90+% of the combine freaks this kid can really play.

A 4.39 40 from a guy 6'3", 246lb's is unreal. That's CB speed.

• Like 1

FWIW, Allbright said a prominent agent met with Parsons recently with the intent of signing him and after their meeting decided he wanted nothing to do with him. 

At this point it’s tough to keep track of all the negative things you hear about Parsons. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

What if the Jets decide to keep Darnold?  The only teams between us and Wilson would be the Panthers, and maybe the Falcons.  But I think if the Falcons go QB, which the local media here believe Matt Ryan will have a few more years here, but they'd go Fields because he was a Bulldog, and he is from Atlanta metro.  Which would leave the Panthers, where I'd think the Broncos should make a trade with the Falcons to get Wilson.  You could even throw Lock in there to sit behind Matt Ryan a few years.  

7 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

What if the Jets decide to keep Darnold?  The only teams between us and Wilson would be the Panthers, and maybe the Falcons.  But I think if the Falcons go QB, which the local media here believe Matt Ryan will have a few more years here, but they'd go Fields because he was a Bulldog, and he is from Atlanta metro.  Which would leave the Panthers, where I'd think the Broncos should make a trade with the Falcons to get Wilson.  You could even throw Lock in there to sit behind Matt Ryan a few years.  

If the Jets decide to roll with Darnold instead of drafting a QB, I'd say there's like a 90% chance they're trading out of that spot to another QB needy team who likely view Wilson as their qbotf

• Like 1

Wilson is definitely my first choice, but Fields is also a really, really good QB. He seems like a good dude as well. Dunno if anyone has seen it, but there's a show on Netflix called QB1 that follows top high school quarterbacks and you get a pretty good behind the scenes look on the kids in high school. Fields was one of the better dudes on the show (at least for a 17 y/o that already has fans and signs autographs and all that jazz). 

It's also why I dislike Spencer Rattler despite being a legitimate top QB talent wise.