So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

Unless we draft Lawrence though some monumentally painful trade up that ruins our draft for the next like 3-4 years.....

Foles is already our starting QB for next season as well. Literally none of the other QBs are anywhere near starting ready.

16 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

who said anything about building around nick foles. I am talking about using him as a two year bridge QB.  Not letting Pace blow 3 1st rounders on Trading up for Trey Lance and drafting a QB in 2022 draft when we’ll have a top 10 pick after a let down 2021 season.  If were really lucky Foles will  bomb so hard in 2021 that both Pace and Nagy get fired.    

Just add a QB and let Foles start and mentor him for awhile.

I hate Pace more than anyone, but we cannot roll into 2021 with Foles being our only option.

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Unless we draft Lawrence though some monumentally painful trade up that ruins our draft for the next like 3-4 years.....

Foles is already our starting QB for next season as well. Literally none of the other QBs are anywhere near starting ready.

He starts the season. That doesn’t mean he finishes it.

We need to start the process.

4 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

As a group we are only focusing on the draft.  There will be some good vets out there.  Matt Ryan is a goner in ATL.  They will be in full rebuild.  The lions finally cut bait with Matt Stafford.  If the Raiders draft a QB and put Derrick Carr on the market. 

Matt Ryan has a 50 million dollar dead cap hit. He will be in Atlanta.

1 hour ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

As a group we are only focusing on the draft.  There will be some good vets out there.  Matt Ryan is a goner in ATL.  They will be in full rebuild.  The lions finally cut bait with Matt Stafford.  If the Raiders draft a QB and put Derrick Carr on the market. 

That's a good point but it will be tough to fit a veteran under the salary cap.

6 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I was looking at Stafford for a mock a few weeks ago but he has $24 mil for a dead cap next year, he's not going anywhere without a trade.

I'm all for drafting a QB early as possible. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it again in 2022 either, I'm fine with rolling with two first rounders and a cheap vet for my QBs. Make the position cheap and stack talent around (especially in front) of the young guy.

The more I watch Wilson the more I like the kid's game. Jones has looked great too but he has NFL weapons all around him, Wilson is doing what Mahomes did with some of his throws to much lesser weapons. (Clearly not saying he is Mahomes, but that was one of the big reasons I argued Mahomes wasn't a simple Air Raid QB)

Does anyone think he could potentially jump Lance in the draft? I think he really can. Lance is more athletic but Wilson has plus mobility and throws the ball deep as well as rookie could. The experience issue with Lance is there too, he isn't a true pocket passer and has only like 320 college passes. Even Tru had more than that.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The more I watch Wilson the more I like the kid's game. Jones has looked great too but he has NFL weapons all around him, Wilson is doing what Mahomes did with some of his throws to much lesser weapons. (Clearly not saying he is Mahomes, but that was one of the big reasons I argued Mahomes wasn't a simple Air Raid QB)

Does anyone think he could potentially jump Lance in the draft? I think he really can. Lance is more athletic but Wilson has plus mobility and throws the ball deep as well as rookie could. The experience issue with Lance is there too, he isn't a true pocket passer and has only like 320 college passes. Even Tru had more than that.

Yes, when all is said and done I believe that Wilson will be the 3rd QB to go in the draft behind Lawrence and Fields.

Lance is too big of a risk to take that early considering he played lower level competition and only started 1 year.  That's a major red flag when you;re drafting 1st round QBs.  If he was able to play more than 1 game this year it may have been a different story, but I don't know how you can just go on his tape from last season and think it is fine unless your name is Ryan Pace.

My wet dream is we trade a 2+4 for Carr. He is at times deserving of the hate he gets but also overperforms at times imo despite the lackluster supporting cast he has had in recent years. Then we use 1, 3, 5, 6, & 7 on the offensive line since it’s atrocious and hope a decent WR and rb come available in FA 

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My wet dream is we trade a 2+4 for Carr. He is at times deserving of the hate he gets but also overperforms at times imo despite the lackluster supporting cast he has had in recent years. Then we use 1, 3, 5, 6, & 7 on the offensive line since it’s atrocious and hope a decent WR and rb come available in FA 

Bears don't have a 4th.  They traded it to the Vikings last draft to take Trevis Gipson who has been inactive for every game this season....

They could have used that pick an OL instead maybe, no?

• Like 1