Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

On 9/30/2020 at 2:13 PM, SBLIII said:

We need a miracle

No, you don't. What you need to do - for the first time in 20 years, or maybe for the first time in your life, depending on how old you are - is feel the dread that every other NFL fanbase has felt over that period of time leading up to a game where their team had little chance to win. Feel it, don't run from it - it's not enjoyable and you won't have fun watching the game either.

Embrace the feeling of an incoming beat down, like the rest of us have had to more times than we can count over the years.

Of course, now that I'm about to hit send submit, watch the Patriots pull it out somehow..

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

No, you don't. What you need to do - for the first time in 20 years, or maybe for the first time in your life, depending on how old you are - is feel the dread that every other NFL fanbase has felt over that period of time leading up to a game where their team had little chance to win. Feel it, don't run from it - it's not enjoyable and you won't have fun watching the game either.

Embrace the feeling of an incoming beat down, like the rest of us have had to more times than we can count over the years.

Of course, now that I'm about to hit send submit, watch the Patriots pull it out somehow..

we are saying the same thing lol.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm having more fun watching the Pats this season than I have in several years. IDK what these people are complaining about. It gets boring watching your team steamroll everyone week in and week out. 
In past years, when they lost to a team they weren't supposed to lose to, it was an immediate meltdown in the media and the fanbase. Now it's, "well, maybe there's something to build on from this loss." There's way less pressure on them to succeed.

Also, Cam has made them likable again. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Eagles fans sound like they are done with Doug Pederson. I know three years ago is a lifetime in the NFL, but this coach did guide the franchise to their only Super Bowl win. Regardless, folks are out for blood. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/j2rxzi/jeff_mclane_doug_pederson_when_asked_what_he/

Just a piss poor response by him lol. Obviously the media is going to grill you man your team sucks ha.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, FrantikRam said:

I don't think they'll win, but I doubt they get blown out.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, Starless said:

I'm having more fun watching the Pats this season than I have in several years. IDK what these people are complaining about. It gets boring watching your team steamroll everyone week in and week out. 
In past years, when they lost to a team they weren't supposed to lose to, it was an immediate meltdown in the media and the fanbase. Now it's, "well, maybe there's something to build on from this loss." There's way less pressure on them to succeed.

Also, Cam has made them likable again. 

Yup. I actually found it difficult to root against either the Patriots or the Seahawks, I wasn’t against either squad.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, Starless said:

Ugh, I know the feeling. Obviously not to the Pats dynasty degree, but literally every Ravens' loss in the last 2 or so years has been a catastrophic event. I miss the days where we would just mess around during the season with ups and downs and then enter the playoffs with the wildcard mentality. I can totally see the Pats in that role this year with Cam, knocking off some regular season superpower.