Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I do like what Flores is doing (though he isn't exactly a success story, yet), but if he pans out, he'll be the first of what, like 7 guys? I'm just saying, there has long been a process of just poaching the biggest name coordinator on the top team, and there's been a clear trend of that not working with the Pats guys, but teams keep going to that well anyway.

I still think McDaniels on the right team would be great (I know he’s disliked and that’s an unpopular opinion). He didn’t really get time and getting Peyton Manning made it look like he was holding back a much better team than he was. He got them Thomas, Decker and Moreno which were big foundational for that offense which ended up being record setting. 

I mean O’Brien gets crap but he’s won the division and made the playoffs 4 of the 6 years he’s been there, had 5 winning seasons out of 6 and has won playoff games and the majority of it has been without a real QB. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sure...and as a fan of the 49ers, I know how effective that offense can be...until it' not. It's harder to win that way if you don't have chunk yardage plays. Now, the Saints do have some special weapons, so they can probably still manufacture that, but that's separate from Brees and where he currently is as a player. 

Not it really isn't. It's been our offense style for about 4 years and has worked perfectly fine during that span for us.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Not it really isn't. It's been our offense style for about 4 years and has worked perfectly fine during that span for us.

If you don't think that it's harder to consistently put together 15 play drives because you can't get the ball downfield, I don't know what to tell you. 

Any fan who had Alex Smith as a starting quarterback knows 

• Like 2