Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

I mean he did have what 4 different coordinators and not very good weapons. Are any of his skill players on teams in the NFL? 

He still had a ridiculous O-Line. The only weapons he had that have actually graduated during his last two season in College were a transfer (Juwan Johnson) and a TE Jacob Breeland. 

They were serviceable.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

For starters you are comparing Alex Smith to Brees. Secondly I don't recall a WR of Michael Thomas's caliber in the short/intermediate game. Thirdly, I don't recall a RB that can make plays out of the backfield like Kamara. Brees for the past 3 to 4 years has had one of the lowest ADOT's in football, but has been insanely efficient during that span. It's been a very successful offensive design for us, but I can see why it wouldn't work out for a team like the 49ers

For starters - That's basically what he is at this point. His average depth of target is less than 5 years this season and has trended steeply downward the last three years. if you'd prefer, we can compare him to Derek Carr or Jimmy G. It's all the same. 

Secondly - I already mentioned the weapons who will make the offense work, but I also mentioned that these are independent of Brees' actual play, and it will still make the offense hard to work with. That's what happens in the playofs. 

Lastly - it was a very successful offensive design for the niners and chiefs...and it worked until it didn't. Good luck in the playoffs when the weapons don't break it off 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

I wish Gus would call up some damn blitzes.

Thing is, you don't beat Brady with blitzes, unless they're up the A-Gap and the Chargers really don't have the personnel for that.  He's better off shading Bosa to cross inside over Wirfs' face to shoot the C-gap.  You beat Brady pressuring him up the gut, not from the edges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

He still had a ridiculous O-Line. The only weapons he had that have actually graduated during his last two season in College were a transfer (Juwan Johnson) and a TE Jacob Breeland. 

They were serviceable.

Watch him vs the badgers in the bowl game he carried that team.

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

Still so weird seeing him in a Bucs jersey, like im in an alternate universe or something.

It’s not weird to me because I’m so used to Peyton as a Bronco or Farve as a Viking. But it makes me sad. Like I’m happy he got to a stacked offense and can have fun passing to end his career, but I wish us needing a receiver reload didn’t happen when he was thinking about an endgame