How Would You Punish the Titans?

AFlaccoSeagulls

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can you imagine if this shut the league down and the NFL lost all that money? I dunno if I go as extreme as @ET80 did (he's still drunk after all), but I expect something severe.

Admittedly, $100mm is a BIG number, but it's 5% of the value of the Titans. That's where my math came from, I didn't pull the dollar amount out of thin air (I pulled the percentage out of thin air, yes).

Point being - this has got to be a big fine. The team owner needs to have a few "coming to Jesus" meetings with coaches, the FO, team captains after this is done to level set how things work going forward. 

You're not getting that level of attention with a $250,000 fine - that's a rounding error to a billion dollar franchise.

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The first ever NFL post season ban. The next time the Titans are playoff eligible, they are banned and the next team in the standings takes their spot.

Oooof. Hmm. Hmmm...

Part of me WANTS to like it, but I'm back to that slippery slope of forfeiture. I mean, that "next team" really didn't earn that spot, y'know? And what to do if there's a tie for 8th?

Conceptually, I get it but...hmm, dunno.

Just now, ET80 said:

Oooof. Hmm. Hmmm...

Part of me WANTS to like it, but I'm back to that slippery slope of forfeiture. I mean, that "next team" really didn't earn that spot, y'know? And what to do if there's a tie for 8th?

Yeah especially given that could very well be NE. And even as NE fan I wouldn't be able to cope with the cries of 'how did the league let them do this AGAIN?!' 

Forfeitures and the like = chaos.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Oooof. Hmm. Hmmm...

NFL has tiebreakers all the way down to a coin flip if need be, so there is no real such thing as a tie for a placement in the NFL's eyes. In 1999 the tiebreaker got all the way down to points, this is a really fun watch if you've never seen it before:

• Like 2