Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't like Lance at all. Elongated release. Accuracy that comes and go. Inconsistent processing and reads. Manziel didn't have the ability to consistently win in structure like Wilson does nor did he have anything approaching Wilson's arm strength. I graded Manziel as a third round pick without everything about his off the field issues. I have Wilson graded as the #2 pick. They are night and day different in terms of arm talent.

I guess we're just seeing different things. I don't think Wilson reads coverages particularly well and I don't think he places the ball well either. Wilson just screams project to me. 

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I guess we're just seeing different things. I don't think Wilson reads coverages particularly well and I don't think he places the ball well either. Wilson just screams project to me. 

Yeah, we're definitely seeing different things. I like his ball placement. And I don't have an issue with how he reads coverages. He has work to do, but that's the reality with any college QB. I have greater concerns about Fields and Lance than Wilson, in that respect.

• Like 1

Lance is as raw as can be. That dude can't read a defense to save his life and he locks onto his primary target and rarely goes through progressions. He's got a good arm and can run around though so people will love him. I don't see it. 3rd round prospect IMO.

Thought I've read Wilson is a spoiled brat and has your typical rich kid attitude. Nothing is his fault and he's kind of a terrible teammate. This will show in interviews if true. If that's the case, I would stay far, far, far, far, far away from him.

29 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lance is as raw as can be. That dude can't read a defense to save his life and he locks onto his primary target and rarely goes through progressions. He's got a good arm and can run around though so people will love him. I don't see it. 3rd round prospect IMO.

Thought I've read Wilson is a spoiled brat and has your typical rich kid attitude. Nothing is his fault and he's kind of a terrible teammate. This will show in interviews if true. If that's the case, I would stay far, far, far, far, far away from him.

Glad to see someone else say it, felt like I was taking crazy pills watching Lance's games and seeing his projections. I just don't see it. I get that he's athletic and has a cannon arm, but outside of that, it just looks like a massive project that I don't want in the 1st round.

• Like 1

What do we think about Mac Jones possibly jumping Lance to be the #4 QB taken? I'm approaching this from who the Lions will target at #7, or lower if they trade down or have a pick in the (ahem) #12 range from trading Stafford.

I know the knock on Jones is that he isn't very mobile, but he seems to have everything else you need. Is he a franchise QB? Is 7-12 still too high of a range for him or is he moving up there?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Glad to see someone else say it, felt like I was taking crazy pills watching Lance's games and seeing his projections. I just don't see it. I get that he's athletic and has a cannon arm, but outside of that, it just looks like a massive project that I don't want in the 1st round.

Lance's "highlight" reels are laughable really.  We know he's fast but he literally throws to wide open WRs after staring them down for 3-4 seconds b/c the people rushing him, future PE teachers and insurance salesmen, can't get to him fast enough. Rarely did he need to throw into coverage. If people think he's a day 1 starter, they're smoking crack and I wouldn't draft someone that high unless they're able to jump in right away. That's a personal thing though

44 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

What do we think about Mac Jones possibly jumping Lance to be the #4 QB taken? I'm approaching this from who the Lions will target at #7, or lower if they trade down or have a pick in the (ahem) #12 range from trading Stafford.

I know the knock on Jones is that he isn't very mobile, but he seems to have everything else you need. Is he a franchise QB? Is 7-12 still too high of a range for him or is he moving up there?

I have Jones as my 3rd best QB in the draft behind Lawrence and Wilson. I'm surprised by all the "hate" he's gotten so far in the draft process. The guy looks like the real deal even if he isn't all that mobile, and doesn't have a rocket arm. Give me his accuracy, anticipation, ability to read the field/manipulate defenders, and decision making all day over a rocket arm.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sounds like that was leaked by a team trying to hurt his stock. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:40 PM, scar988 said:

I don't think he places the ball well either.

I was reading somewhere that his completion % with his WR's having little to no separation was far better than his peers in similar situations. I'd say that speaks to decent ball placement. 

Wish I could remember where I was reading that.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He does look like a tool with that Jordan headband on but that's nitpicking.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I wouldn't agree with it, but it only takes one.  I think after the top 3 QBs, I think there's going to be more discussion on QB4.

58 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I have Jones as my 3rd best QB in the draft behind Lawrence and Wilson. I'm surprised by all the "hate" he's gotten so far in the draft process. The guy looks like the real deal even if he isn't all that mobile, and doesn't have a rocket arm. Give me his accuracy, anticipation, ability to read the field/manipulate defenders, and decision making all day over a rocket arm.

How can you make that evaluation of Jones given the sheer amount of protection he got from his OL and his offensive weapons?