Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fields has improved and absolutely goes through his reads. He does use his physical ability, yes, but IMO his biggest problem is his accuracy. Fields is definitely a raw talent and should sit a year but Lance is on a whole different level. 

When I've watch his tape (and I will try to find the document that talks about how a team has done a review of all his games this year and came off his initial read a total of 7 times) I just don't seem him making reads consistently. Honestly it remind me of when I watch Michael Vick in the day though a lot less exciting. Most of his plays are drop back make 1st read then either run or dump to RB. He doesn't go through his progressions

On 2/2/2021 at 1:06 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I watched Love for all of 2019. It was not impressive.

Go watch his 2018 tape and tell me they're the same prospect.  You lose 95% your supporting cast, they're going to struggle.  He lost his HC and OC from the previous year.  I believe he lost his top 3 WRs/TEs in terms of targets, all of his OL, and one of his top 2 RBs.

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Go watch his 2018 tape and tell me they're the same prospect.  You lose 95% your supporting cast, they're going to struggle.  He lost his HC and OC from the previous year.  I believe he lost his top 3 WRs/TEs in terms of targets, all of his OL, and one of his top 2 RBs.

Well, good for you guys knowing Rodgers doesn't need a perfect situation to be successful.

As for Love, I think everything needs to be right plus some luck for his career to work out.

At least AJ Dillion should be really good!

On 2/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, Falconof Shadows said:

When I've watch his tape (and I will try to find the document that talks about how a team has done a review of all his games this year and came off his initial read a total of 7 times) I just don't seem him making reads consistently. Honestly it remind me of when I watch Michael Vick in the day though a lot less exciting. Most of his plays are drop back make 1st read then either run or dump to RB. He doesn't go through his progressions

What's unfortunate about having guys analyze these prospects is that you have guys getting judged by guys who have no idea what the offensive concepts are, don't know the call, nor know that these QBs (especially at a high level) operate off of a script. What people like you don't realize is that you have a designated play call and has gimmie throws based off of the pre snap coverage (which shows he knows how to detect coverages from their pre snap look) which makes it seem like they are a one read QB, but no, they are just following the script.

Also to suggest that Fields doesn't make reads is a false statement as well, if you watch film, he does a pretty good job of operating off-script, but does have to be better in some situations with decision making.

To suggest that Fields is some backyard, run around, and dink and dunk QB may be one of the most laughable statements i've seen but then again this is what you get when you have guys who make assessments based off zero knowledge of the situation.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2