SNF BAL @ NE

Sad People

@diamondbull424 @RavensTillIDie

Fair enough, good points - I did notice we were more stout at the POA than usual. I'm used to seeing both Baltimore's interior push the the DL back, and our DL being pushed back by everyone. So it must have been a very poor performance by your IOL.

I can't remember, but how many outside runs did you make? We haven't been able to set an edge this year, but we did do something different with our Edge defenders this time (basically played them as off the ball LBs, not sure why this helped yet. 

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@diamondbull424 @RavensTillIDie

Fair enough, good points - I did notice we were more stout at the POA than usual. I'm used to seeing both Baltimore's interior push the the DL back, and our DL being pushed back by everyone. So it must have been a very poor performance by your IOL.

I can't remember, but how many outside runs did you make? We haven't been able to set an edge this year, but we did do something different with our Edge defenders this time (basically played them as off the ball LBs, not sure why this helped yet. 

I can’t answer specifically via a chart but I can recall two inside runs to Dobbins where he had some level of success and the others were to the outside. Pretty sure he had 5 carries, so I’d imagine 3 were outside runs where he was tackled behind the LOS. Roman continues to try and call those outside zone runs for Dobbins, only this OL with two 345+ lbs OTs just isn’t going to cut it on those outside zone runs where they have to make difficult reach blocks on athletes in space. Defenses are just immediately penetration. It’s been a tendency since game 3 that I’ve mentioned time and again. JKD constantly sees defenders in the backfield because of it. Typically he evades tackles to get back to the LOS at least but I suppose his balance may have been slightly compromised. But I digress, I think he had 3 outside runs in particular. All with immediate backfield penetration as we’ve seen on those runs for weeks now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

....wish I'd said this before they won, but I actually predicted the  Pats to win this one. Just a gut feeling.

Last week they were losing to the Jets in the 2nd half and the rumor mill was 'tank!'

Now they're on a winning streak and back in the thick of it all. 

Cracks me up hearing Lamar say the Ravens are ticked off after losing to the Patriots like the upset fuels their motivation or something.

What they should be ticked off about is that they showed up to primetime and played like a JV Squad. His poor accuracy last night, his turnover, and his lack of urgency with 1:05 left, those were all major factors. 

What I dont hear from him is any taking ownership of being a pivotal reason for the loss. I don't see the leadership. Its the NFL, its time for him to grow up. Being ticked off isn't gonna stop the freight train that is Derrick Henry from tearing through that defense next week (I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying, the salty tears won't be enough to stop it from happening)

35 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Cracks me up hearing Lamar say the Ravens are ticked off after losing to the Patriots like the upset fuels their motivation or something.

What they should be ticked off about is that they showed up to primetime and played like a JV Squad. His poor accuracy last night, his turnover, and his lack of urgency with 1:05 left, those were all major factors. 

What I dont hear from him is any taking ownership of being a pivotal reason for the loss. I don't see the leadership. Its the NFL, its time for him to grow up. Being ticked off isn't gonna stop the freight train that is Derrick Henry from tearing through that defense next week (I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying, the salty tears won't be enough to stop it from happening)

Lamar was 24/34 in completion/passing attempts and among them was about of a handful that hit receivers in their hands/stomach/chest but they couldn't make the catch. His poor accuracy is an argument made by someone who didn't watch the game or doesn't know what they are watching.

We can agree on a couple of bad throws/decisions, which for at least 3 of them had the thing in common, that they where directed at Marquise Brown. 1 incomplete in the end zone, the pick by JC Jackson that should not have been thrown, or the even worse decision to try and force it in 3-4 man coverage where McCourty got his hands on it.

I don't fault you for not following every Lamar press conference or interview, but he takes a lot of ownership of his own plays - maybe too much if you ask some as he seems to come down really hard on himself. 

34 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sir, I believe you may may be one of these "hater" people I keep hearing about. Your game analysis is way wrong. Lamar wasn't inaccurate yesterday, even ignoring the conditions and the drops. He missed a couple throws like every QB on almost every single day, but he was not remotely inaccurate on the whole. But, your deep dive on post game comments reveals you are trying way too hard. Should he be playing up an injury he had during that game that he heroically played through and making up a story about he called his own plays after doing nothing all day to save the day to be the leader you want?

Lamar isn't playing Derek Henry so I don't know where you are going with that either. Also, you are predicting a Titans win or just wishing?

17 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Sir, I believe you may may be one of these "hater" people I keep hearing about. Your game analysis is way wrong. Lamar wasn't inaccurate yesterday, even ignoring the conditions and the drops. He missed a couple throws like every QB on almost every single day, but he was not remotely inaccurate on the whole. But, your deep dive on post game comments reveals you are trying way too hard. Should he be playing up an injury he had during that game that he heroically played through and making up a story about he called his own plays after doing nothing all day to save the day to be the leader you want?

Lamar isn't playing Derek Henry so I don't know where you are going with that either. Also, you are predicting a Titans win or just wishing?

He wasn't completely inaccurate,  there were definitely inaccurate throws and I absolutely agree his receivers didn't help him out either.

Its not all on Lamar but it starts with him. I'm not a hater, I'm a realist. Also as.far as Henry, I didn't say Lamar was playing Derrick, I referenced the Ravens' defense who struggled yesterday.  I didn't predict anything with the Titans, in fact I said as much in my closing statement.

Its not a deep dive into his comments because none of Lamar's comments are that deep. Last week he was crying because defenses know what they're doing. Well, tell your OC to stop being so predictable. 

All I am saying is if the Ravens are mad at anything about yesterday it shouldn't be that they lost to the Patriots but that they lost because they played poorly. 

25 minutes ago, Danand said:

Lamar was 24/34 in completion/passing attempts and among them was about of a handful that hit receivers in their hands/stomach/chest but they couldn't make the catch. His poor accuracy is an argument made by someone who didn't watch the game or doesn't know what they are watching.

We can agree on a couple of bad throws/decisions, which for at least 3 of them had the thing in common, that they where directed at Marquise Brown. 1 incomplete in the end zone, the pick by JC Jackson that should not have been thrown, or the even worse decision to try and force it in 3-4 man coverage where McCourty got his hands on it.

I don't fault you for not following every Lamar press conference or interview, but he takes a lot of ownership of his own plays - maybe too much if you ask some as he seems to come down really hard on himself. 

The final paragraph there is fair, i think we actually agree on the rest as well. I think people took my comments too broad, but it wasn't just Lamar last night. Tbh, his weapons are pathetic in Baltimore. Even as talented as Brown can be, for a dude that made a frustrated comment a couple weeks ago, he has not helped his QB very much.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I’ve been watching since 91 and The Lamar era ravens are probably the biggest front running team I’ve seen. When they get up big on you they become the 85 bears and beat you into submission 

Aaron Rodgers would like a word with you.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

You hate Flacco more than you hate Eli? 

I hate Suggs and Harbaugh. Tbh we don’t really play the Giants enough for it to be something we constantly think about. Baltimore and whatever team Manning was on are the only teams I really consider worthy rivals over the past 15 years 

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Yeah, I actually don't get why people would go after Lamar for last night's game. The INT was a bad pass and the near-INT by McCourty was also bad, but he also had several throws that bounced off the chests of his receivers or just went through their arms. I wouldn't say that Lamar's performance was particularly great, but it wasn't bad either. It was fine.

I will say that given the OL situation and the weather, Lamar should have been under center more often. I don't follow the team enough to know if that's a Lamar issue where he struggles under center, or it's a playbook issue, or a combination of both. But they needed to have better options than repeatedly risking a bad snap in bad weather.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

is Hollywood brown working out for the Ravens? I legit forget he's on the team sometimes when I'm watching them. I don't see many big plays coming from him

Who gave him the nickname Hollywood anyways? Seems like you actually have to produce to have a nickname like that.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Was that a bad game from Queen? I've seen him getting DROY buzz on here, but he looked like OUR linebacker. Assume just one of those days

I'm still trying to figure that out, because it seems like Queen is either really good or really bad. I think last night and against KC were his worst games as a pro, but there's just times where the guy looks completely lost out on the field, especially when he's in coverage.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Man, can you believe that overrated POS was throwing less-than-perfect passes in a monsoon? UNACCEPTABLE.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Thank you.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

is Hollywood brown working out for the Ravens? I legit forget he's on the team sometimes when I'm watching them. I don't see many big plays coming from him

As of right now, no. The entire organization and fans expected a breakout year from him this year, and it just hasn't happened. Dude can't even separate against scrubs like JC Jackson when he's supposed to be our #1 WR.